PDA

View Full Version : Increase in sales online?

Steve
03-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Are you finding yourself selling more items on line? Even cars? Have you vound yourself purchasing more products online?

More car sellers are doing it for themselves (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17612315/) - consumers are taking advantage of a growing online market to sell their cars themselves rather than accepting a lowball trade-in offer from a dealer.

The trend gained momentum last year as consumers found car dealers especially stingy with their trade-in offers because they were struggling to resell the fuel-thirsty SUVs, pickups and large sedans that consumers were dumping as gas prices soared.

By the end of the year private-party sales represented 34 percent of the used-car market, up from 18 percent a year earlier, according to a report by CNW Marketing Research Inc.

tiedeman
03-15-2007, 10:13 PM
I purchased a truck once online out of New Jersey. Had it shipped up here too.

S.P.Martin Lawn Care
03-16-2007, 03:04 PM
The first place I go to check prices is e-Bay. Its almost always cheaper there to buy stuff, just be careful and do your homework.

Then I run searches and see what turns up for prices.

I've bought a bunch of stuff for my kit car and saved lots compared to the usual retail pricing.

Steve
03-16-2007, 05:23 PM
How much did it cost to ship it? With shipping was it still a good deal?