PDA

View Full Version : Finally...Palm

tiedeman
02-23-2007, 09:42 PM
Well, I have waited long enough. I finally bought myself a Palm to use with Gopher for this year.

I order it through Tigerdirect.com (I highly recommend them) on Monday and received it on Wednesday. But, since I ordered an older model (I wanted to save money), I ran into a little problem.

The older model only had a serial port hook up. Well, unfortunately I don't have any serial port hook ups on my computer. So back to tigerdirect.com I went again to order a serial to USB adaptor. Ordered it on Wednesday and received it today.

So I had to run the install and setup on my computer for it would recognize the adaptor, it is basically treating it as a drive, before I could run my palm. So after that I was able to sync up my palm.

But now come the challenging part, setting up Gopher. I unfortunately ran into an error when installing, but someone had the same error as me and Gopher Support address it earlier.

So I just followed those instructions and before I knew it I was doing a sync with gopher and my schedule. Truly amazing!!! I love it too death. I love it so much that I have been messing around with test customers just having fun with it. I can't wait to start using this.

Great job Gopher!

Steve
02-23-2007, 11:08 PM
I am very happy to hear all this.

Sometimes forums are great for such reasons aren't they? I love being able to research issues and figuring things out as much as I can on my own too.

http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/yourock.gif