PDA

View Full Version : Jackass opens #1

Steve
09-24-2006, 08:25 PM
With a bunch of other heavily promoted movies out there and some serious movies, how do you think Jackass was able to pull off the #1 spot?

'Jackass' boys propel 'Number Two' to No. 1 (http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/09/24/box.office.ap/index.html) - Johnny Knoxville and his pals pulled another prank on Hollywood as their sequel of crazy stunts, "Jackass Number Two," beat a rush of serious movies to take the top spot at the weekend box office.

Paramount's "Jackass Number Two" debuted with $28.1 million, with Focus Features' "Jet Li's Fearless," featuring the martial-arts master in a saga set in China a century ago, opening in second place with $10.6 million, according to studio estimates Sunday.

The weekend's other new wide releases debuted weakly, with MGM's World War I tale "Flyboys" opening at No. 4 with $6 million and Sean Penn's political drama "All the King's Men" from Sony premiering at No. 7 with $3.8 million.

Howard Roark
09-25-2006, 10:22 PM
Easily explainable. Look at today's kids, or most of "today's" society...lol

They would rather see idiots ram their heads into cars than anything else. I'm not really sure of the total lineup of the other movies, but I believe the majority of general movie goers are kids and teens.

Honestly, I put the blame on the parents. We have idiot kids in our neighborhood, a few with i've had a serious run-in with. By serious I mean me yelling at them on my lawn. I happen to weigh 220 so it ended quickly with good effect.

When I approached the dad about it, I quickly noticed the apple falls not far from the tree at all. I couldn't believe I was talking to someone who was honestly considered an adult. This is by no means an isolated case in my experience either.

BTW the greatest book of all time is nearing production on film. Atlas Shrugged by philosopher Ayn Rand. Word has it that Angelina Jolie will be playing the lead role of Dagney Taggart, the strongest woman every portrayed in an Ayn Rand novel.

Perhaps it will break the top 5, with Jackass #3 rounding out the #1 slot!

tiedeman
09-26-2006, 07:31 PM
I own Jackass #1, and I went to go see it in the movie threater. I laughed my buttocks off. But yes I do agree, the young kids should not see this because then they get all of these "bonehead" ideas.