PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh, made a booboo today

kc2006
07-18-2006, 06:46 PM
I was at one of my commercial accounts today that has ditches all over the place and I finally did it. Mower went in a ditch. It was really like a creek but sort of a ditch. Luckily it wasnt deep, only about a one and a half foot drop. I contribute it to me moving my seat forward, it must of thrown my judgement off and caused me to get too close. Plus it looked like the ground just sank right there, it was like a ramp right down into the ditch. Scared me pretty good because I felt it tip and next thing I know I'm cutting dirt, so I smacked the pto whipped open the control sticks and got ready to bail but it didn't tip over, just teetered.

Nothing was wrong with the mower, i checked it all out after I got it out. The funny part was there was 3 or 4 mechanics (its a truck depot) that stood at the garage doors and just watched me pull it out with the truck, instead of offering to help. Nothing like being on a heavily traveled highway pulling out a mower with the truck lol.

Wasn't a good day though, some lady in a jeep almost hit me coming around a curve and I kept tripping and rolling my ankles, I must of been tired from the heat. But it's over now and everythings ok, so I can look back and think how stupid I must of looked http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Steve
07-19-2006, 01:20 PM
I am glad you weren't hurt. It's amazing how many potential pitfalls we have to deal with each and every day!

tiedeman
08-14-2006, 07:44 PM
I know that this is kind of late, but I am sorry to hear about your bad day. It always seems that once something bad happens during the day, the rest just snowballs.