PDA

View Full Version : UnitedEnvironment.com's movie project

Steve
07-11-2006, 04:33 PM
Quote[/b] ]October 4-8 we will be attending the Eerir horror film festival for which we are up for the best new screenplay award. George Romero of the Night of the living Dead series is Hosting the show.
Very exciting!!!
We are hoping to score a budget for the film there. This was we can make it in a much higher quality. By 2008 There is a very good chance you may see Ratred:The Following up on the movie marquee of your local theatre.

Can you tell us about this project? How did you get this started, whats it about? What are your plans with it etc?

The official site is here. http://www.unitedenvironment.com/Ratred.htm

UnitedEnvironment.com
07-12-2006, 08:24 AM
well, as you know we have always been heavily interested in film production. Back in Highschool we had to make a 10 minute film and we made a film called seduction of the innocent that was an hour long, the film was about this character. Due to another group that is now part of my filming team on all my projects making a comedy that was borderline homosexual ****ography, we never got to finish the editing process on the film. So I wanted to remake it for years but just never could get myself to sit down and rewrite a script. I met a guy who I have become very good friends with, who has a degree in writing screenplays. We began pounding out a new script for the film. We actually just finished the final draft only two weeks ago. It is 118 pages long, by far the longest thing I have every written. Its even the longest thing he ever wrote.
The story is about a young boy who is extremely differnt and very controlling. He winds up killing his father and talking his mother into commiting suicide. From there his lifes journey collides with a group of young men who wind up becoming the local law enforcement when they grow up. This killer knows the odds he is up against and forms a large cult to do his bidding.

So far the reviews of the script from family and friends are terrific. If I had to categorize it, I dont really know what genre it falls under personally, however the general concensus is horror.

its funny at times, extremely emotional, there is a love story, plenty of action, drama, and in the last scenes, I think we hit a high note on horror.

I like to call it a thriller because I think its smarter then most horror films made today. Its not just a typical slasher at all.

thus far we only filmed two things. A teaser that just has footage of some of the locations for which the cult will have there base camp.
the other is like a recruitment video we used for myspace to gain friends.
after the festival we want to begin actual production.

Steve
07-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Have you ever thought of The Blair Witch Project movie and how people weren't sure if it was a fictional movie or was it a documentary on a real event? Do you think you would like to take an angle like that, where you don't know for sure if this is real or not?
Would it create a lot of road trips by young people to investigate the story themselves? Would this help build the buzz of the movie?

UnitedEnvironment.com
07-14-2006, 07:24 AM
weve considered it, I mean its all a matter of us getting a decent enough budget to make the film.
We heavily based the killer off charles manson, and one thing many people have talked about is that Manson had someone always filming there cult. He called them family videos. They never found much footage, and what they did was mostly sex oriented, but we thought about doing something like that. The recruitment video we did was a test, the next one we are going to do will be similar in nature, someone filming the cult and Ratred while they perform some of there antics. However I dont plan whatsoever on filming this freehand as if someone was following them with a camcorder. So what I was thinking about doing was having someone actually do that when we film all the cults scenes, so that we have the main footage for the film, but this freehand stuff for promotion. Try and make people think this is a real cult, and these videos where found.

Steve
07-14-2006, 12:01 PM
Do you have any idea how much it would cost to film this?

UnitedEnvironment.com
07-14-2006, 08:30 PM
i would have to say no less that $70,000 to pull it off and make it look good enough to let the public view it with credibility.

Steve
07-15-2006, 12:28 PM
Quote[/b] ]The filmmakers also crafted a complex, detailed backstory involving the history of the town and the 'Blair Witch' legend that was largely only hinted at in the finished film, unfolding mostly via the film's website, tie-in books, comic books, computer games, and of course, the Sci-Fi Channel mockumentary.

The estimated production cost of the film was about $25,000. The movie grossed over $248 million worldwide, making it the most profitable motion picture of all time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blair_Witch_Project

I posted that just to show you, you don't need to spend a lot of money on making a film that has huge potential for profits.

UnitedEnvironment.com
07-15-2006, 07:00 PM
granted they did pull off a miracle with a simple concept, but if you read my script, you would understand that its just not possible to make this film for 25,000.

ill send it to you in an email, check it out if you like

Steve
07-17-2006, 02:37 PM
Quote[/b] ]ill send it to you in an email, check it out if you like
I got it thanks.

I don't know how you are able to pull all this off! You have a ton of things going on. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

UnitedEnvironment.com
07-18-2006, 07:39 AM
a lot of help. I have a good amount of people who trust my ideas. The script was actually a blast to make. Did I spend many nights typing instead of sleeping and go to work exhausted, yes. However film is my number 1 goal. To eventually be able to only do film projects for a living is my dream.

Steve
07-18-2006, 01:40 PM
Well, I'd love to see it happen!

By the way who did the artwork?

http://www.unitedenvironment.com/prisondoor.jpg

UnitedEnvironment.com
07-19-2006, 09:01 AM
Melissa Mancuso does all of our artwork for everything. She also did the Fit in 6 logo on MySpace.com/fitin6
she is really great
if i ever get the display box back form the printers i can take a picture of the great artwork she had done for The landscaper display.

Steve
07-19-2006, 01:21 PM
That is an amazing piece! How big was the original? What was it done with? She is very very talented!

UnitedEnvironment.com
07-19-2006, 06:33 PM
I have no idea what programs she uses. But yes she is extremely talented.