PDA

View Full Version : Bad, yet good week

tiedeman
04-22-2006, 08:10 PM
This week has had its ups and downs.

Bad Things
1. My engine went on my mower Thursday, so I had to overnight one from Detroit. Hopefully it will be here on Monday, even though they said that it could have made it here on Friday. So much for paying an extra $80 for overnight. They also have no guarantees, so I don't get any money back.
2. All of my Word documents will not open and when I do try to open them, my computer freezes up and I have to hard boot it.
3. The engine will come on Monday, which is always my busiest day during the week, so every from Monday is moved over to Tuesday, but Tuesday morning I have to go to the dentist at 10am to get a filling done.

Good Thing
1. Picked up four new fertilization customers, just three in the last day.

Steve
04-22-2006, 09:35 PM
"These are the times that try men's souls." Thomas Paine

Troy I am sorry about this happening but I am happy to see you pushing through.

How is it that no one has a loaner or renter mower to offer you? If these dealerships don't offer it, is there a business concept in it somehow?

tiedeman
04-23-2006, 12:23 AM
Well, I sold off my other two commerical mowers last year, so I am only down to one. I have sold about 4 mowers in the last 4 years. *I decided to get rid of the others because I knew I was going to be getting out of the mowing side of the business and I figured why have all of that equipment just sit there and collect rust and lose value. *But now I wish I had at least one mower

Steve
04-23-2006, 12:46 AM
I am surprised the dealer doesn't offer some sort of courtesy mower like they have for cars.

It would really be a convenient thing to have.

tiedeman
04-24-2006, 08:08 PM
I strapped on the new engine today, and used it...worked great.

Steve
04-24-2006, 09:37 PM
I am very happy to hear you are moving forward!

Nothing is going to stop you from succeeding !

tiedeman
04-24-2006, 10:44 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ April 24 2006,10:37)]I am very happy to hear you are moving forward!

Nothing is going to stop you from succeeding !
Well, I had to wait around for the engine to come freight today. After that arrived, I went out and fertilized 3 accounts, picked up a new account, and then came back to the shop, loaded up the mower, and knocked out 10 lawns. I was done around 7:30pm. It was a long day.

Steve
04-24-2006, 11:16 PM
But you did it! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Job well done!