PDA

View Full Version : What was the worst job you ever had?

Ground Trades Xchange
12-15-2004, 12:13 PM
I thought it might be fun to reminisce about the worst job you ever had. At the end we'll have a vote to see who had the worst job of all of us. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

I'll start -

My worst job had to be working for Popeye's Fried Chicken. I was one of the 'cooks', plucking the last bits of feathers and entrails from the chicken pieces when they came in the door. I'd batter them and 'drop' them into one of the hot oil bins to cook when someone called back for them.

One of the fun parts of the job was training new guys - when you 'dropped' the chicken pieces, to minimize hot oil splashing on you, you'd have to kind of glide and drop the pieces along the surface of the oil. There would still be splashes, but not as bad. The fun part was, the overhead vent made it so you had to bend over to drop the chicken - it took awhile to train yourself to not jerk up and back when the hot oil hit your arms or >>Pow<< You hit the back of your head on the overhead vent, too. So it was always a hoot watching a new guy, invariably getting some hot oil splashed on his arms, jerking back and smacking his head on the vent. I still have a couple small scars from the hot oil.

We had the occasional accident when the oil cleaner machine would break loose and dump hot oil all over the floor during nightly cleanup. Very slippery....

How 'bout you? What's your worst job ever?

xtreme lawn
12-15-2004, 02:03 PM
I worked in job placement at a personnel agency. It took me a couple of days to realize the boss was more interested in hooking people into any job in order to get a commission rather than try to place people in jobs they were actually suitable. Sucked.

Fastcutz
12-15-2004, 09:30 PM
mowing fresh mounds of dog crap sucks too. but i get paid :rock:

Steve
12-16-2004, 08:59 AM
Hi Ground Trades Xchange,

Nice to see you here.

Please check out their website and forum here http://www.groundtradesxchange.com/