PDA

View Full Version : "HEADSTART"

sharry landscaping
02-28-2005, 02:36 PM
http://www.gophersoftware.com/images/head-start-button-lg.gifReview other Head Start Projects here (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=1244).

Thanks for getting back to me so quick. Here is the info:

Business plan questions can be found here. (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST&f=1&t=1206)

Business Description:

Sharry Landscaping is a Merrimack Valley based landscaping business, specializing in lawn and garden maintenance. Building our reputation for high quality and personal attention throughout Merrimack Valley and the surrounding area. We offer service to suit your budget. At Sharry Landscaping we work hard with you to bring your lawn and garden to life with quality service. Our goal is for the homeowner and commercial customer to enjoy every moment they spend in or look at their lawn and garden.

Management:

I have worked in the service field since graduating high school a few years ago. This requires a high level of customer service and quality work to earn a good reputation. I know the quality of our work is determined by the effort and skill I put into it, this is why every job no matter how big or small is a personal challenge. This will all play a big role in the success of Sharry Landscaping.

Business Strategy:

Sharry Landscaping will be targeting Residential homes in mid to low income areas. This is a market that is in need of a quality lawn care provider in this area. We will also target small business accounts that typically consist of banks, gas stations and small office parks. These are customers that are in high demand and require a significant amount of work as well as snow plowing. We will maintain quality work, a professional image, and provide an image that our customers will be proud of. Sharry Landscaping will be starting a full force marketing campaign that will send us flying for spring.

Legal Structure:

The company is currently set up as a sole proprietorship. I will be working this season on forming a Corporation, or an LLC.

Financial:

As of this date I have invested about 46k in the form of a truck and equipment. I consider this price minimal for the amount of opportunity it provides. I will be seeking a small amount of capital from a bank for the advertising campaign. This will be my start up cost.

The monthly operating expenses are are as follows:

Gas: 200.00
Maintenance of equipment 50.00
Regular Advertising: 100.00
Office Supplies: 50

The monthly fixed costs are:

Truck: 570.00
Insurance: 218.00
Bus. Insurance: 96.00
Plow: 120.00
Phone, Internet: 90.00
Cell: 70.00

Mission Statement:

Sharry Landscaping is a full service lawn care company. We strive to keep each and every customer happy. We provide are customers with a beautiful lawn at an affordable price.

Current Slogan:

Quality Work, Affordable Price

Market Analysis:

National:

+ The Internet has become a valuable asset to many of us, as it has been to our industry. With more and more people accessing the Internet are market becomes stronger. This leaves are potential customers some time to easily squeeze in an email at the office, check out are services, and make a decision if they would like to have us come out and speak with them.

- The gas prices have spun out of control and that adds to any business overhead. This in return drives prices up and suddenly we do not sound so affordable. The way we deal with this is to have a specific market that we will do all are advertising in. This will keep all of our customers in one area, which leads to less travel time and keeps our pricing competitive.

Regional:

+ Due to the high rise of home ownership in my area there are more potential customers. These are customers that are new to homeownership and excited about getting their lawn in shape.

- On the other side of the coin the pricing of homeownership is at an all time high. This leaves potential customers on a tighter budget. To deal with this we offer affordable prices and take away the hassle of lawn care after a long day at work. This in return gives are customers a beautiful lawn and more time to enjoy it.

Landscape Industry:

+ More and more people have become interested in having a nicely maintained lawn. This gives us a stronger market.

- There are a lot of people starting a landscape company to make some extra cash. This in return makes it harder for us to stay competitive due to overhead. I do not feel this is a big hurdle if handled correctly. I will take them around there yard and explain what they will receive from Sharry Landscaping for the price quoted. The quality of our work and the personal attention my customers receive will keep them coming.

Customer Analysis:

Are target customers are generally mid to low income homeowners. These would be customers that work a full time job or just have little time for lawn care. We are going to gear our efforts toward target areas that meet these guidelines. The zip codes of these areas are 01824, 01876, 01851 and surrounding towns. At Sharry Landscaping we know that quality is as important as an affordable price, and that’s what we strive for.

Competition Analysis:

There are a few main competitors in my area. They go from a one-crew operation to a multi crew operation and produce numbers from 100k – 500k and upwards per season. They offer Lawn Care, Install, and Chemicals. I have done some research on the quality of work in my area and find in a lot of cases the better the quality gets the less personal attention the customer gets. The price ranges are $35 and up per cut, and $45 and up per fertilizing. Their customers range in all different areas. There main strengths seem to be new equipment and having the capital needed for advertising. There main weakness is there ability to balance quality work and customer relationships. These will be both direct and indirect competitors.

Labor:

I will be doing this full time and have people ready to work once I am ready for them. I am hoping to have work for 2 employees this season. The hourly wage will be based on experience and job description. The amount of man hours will be determined by the level of business I attract.

Equipment:

I have all equipment needed right now. Other equipment purchases will be minor until company expansion. All equipment will be stored in a garage at my residence.

* new 03 f350 dump truck
* new trailer
* used 52" ferris walk behind
* used 16hp gaint Vac
* new trimmers and blowers

Advertising:

We will be promoting are business through mailings, fliers, door hangers, business cards, and customer referrals. Amount spent will be determined by are success.

Thanks,
Scott Sharry
Sharry Landscaping

Steve
02-28-2005, 03:41 PM
Hi sharry landscaping,

Great work! Let us create a marketing plan and set some goals. What is your current client base?

I would also like to see. Three projections:

1. A total number of new customers you feel you can easily attract this season.

2. A total number of new customers you feel will be moderately difficult to attract this season.

3. A total number of new customers you feel will be extremely tough to attract this season.

4. What date do you want these total customers by?

When we set up your projections in a chart, you can then post weekly how many new customers you were able to get that week. This should help inspire and motivate you to reach your goals.

Steve
02-28-2005, 03:42 PM
I checked out your site. Do you have a logo?

What are your plans for vehicle signage?
http://www.gophergraphics.com/images/headstart-sharry.gif

sharry landscaping
02-28-2005, 04:18 PM
Hi Team Gopher,

When I started I was working for a contractor that was doing general maintenance on 28 housing units for a company. They needed a Landscaper so I bid on it and landed it. Bought my equipment and never looked back. I worked full time as a contractor then part time on the landscaping. I was very busy and did not attack new work (big mistake). Now I am left with only 7 accounts because the contractor lost the acount with the company. Which means I lost the account with him. I tried to get it from the company direct but my old contract would not allow this. So all my eggs where in one basket. Now I am working to build it back up this year.
Here are the three projections:

1. A total number of new customers you feel you can easily attract this season. *

I would say 20-30

2. A total number of new customers you feel will be moderately difficult to attract this season.

I would say 30- 40

3. A total number of new customers you feel will be extremely tough to attract this season.

I would say 40+

4. What date do you want these total customers by?

I would like the total cusomer base by the end of september..

sharry landscaping
02-28-2005, 04:26 PM
I have not come up with a logo as of yet, and I also need to figure out what to put on the truck/trailer. I was using a sign i had made last year that was screwed to the build ups on the truck but it didnt look to great and it read Sharry Contracting so i removed it.

Thanks,
Scott

Steve
03-01-2005, 07:31 AM
Hi sharry landscaping,

Here is our customer goal chart for this year ending in August to help motivate you. Now that we have these goals, we will be able to chart your progress throughout the season.

Each month you should report back here and let us know your latest customer count to see where you are at in your goal. You might want to print out this chart and put it somewhere where you will see it each day to inspire you.

Let us know if anything needs to be changed.

Steve
03-01-2005, 08:10 AM
Hi sharry landscaping,

Have you looked through the artist gallery here (http://www.gophergraphics.com/index.cgi?page=artists) yet? Have you found any logo concepts that we could use to create a logo for you?

Steve
03-01-2005, 08:44 AM
Here is a chart showing your monthly expenses. Let us know if we need to correct this. As of this date $46,000.00 has been invested into the company in the form of a truck and equipment.

Break even point. None of this includes a salary to you.
$1564.00 / 21 = $74.47 This is your monthly expenses divided by the average number of workdays per month whcih we have figured to be 21. This brings us to $74.47 per day in expenses.

$74.47 / 8 = $9.30 per hour expenses.

The next thing you should consider is how much do you want to pay yourself per hour. Then we can factor in a salary. What will your expenses be per hour for your salary in the form of taxes?

Let us know if any of this needs to be corrected. We will then create a report based on your updated salary information.

Steve
03-01-2005, 10:06 AM
Customer analysis based on zip codes provided by Sharry Landscaping of service areas and data provided by ESRI Business Solutions (http://reports.esribis.com/esribis?command=zipcodelookup).

Census data provided by census.gov (http://factfinder.census.gov/home/saff/main.html?_lang=en)

The yellow highlights point out the zip code with the highest average home value and median household income. You will notice in the 01824 zip code that 44% of the households have income over $100,000.00 a year vs. 01851 which has only 16% of the households making over $100,000.00 a year. Will this data help you determine who you will market more heavily to over others?

sharry landscaping
03-01-2005, 02:35 PM
Here is our customer goal chart for this year ending in August to help motivate you...

That is Great!! I will use this as my guide...
Thanks

sharry landscaping
03-01-2005, 02:47 PM
Have you looked through the artist gallery here yet? Have you found any logo concepts that we could use to create a logo for you?

I like x-ray 212, 232, 450.

Thanks,

Scott

Steve
03-01-2005, 02:54 PM
Hi sharry landscaping,

Don't forget this part.

The next thing you should consider is how much do you want to pay yourself per hour. Then we can factor in a salary. What will your expenses be per hour for your salary in the form of taxes?

We will get to work on your logo.

sharry landscaping
03-01-2005, 03:04 PM
Love the charts..They look great.

"The next thing you should consider is how much do you want to pay yourself per hour"

I would like to be making $15 per hour. *

Steve
03-01-2005, 03:07 PM
Hi sharry landscaping,

What will you have to make pre-tax per hour to personally make $15.00 per hour after taxes?

sharry landscaping
03-01-2005, 03:11 PM
Is there a way to recalculate my goals based on my overhead and salary, so I will be at the level needed to make these numbers work.

This has already proven to be a great help!!!

Thanks,
Scott

sharry landscaping
03-01-2005, 03:12 PM
To be honest I am not really to sure.... How do I determine that figure?

Steve
03-01-2005, 03:28 PM
Quote[/b] ]Is there a way to recalculate my goals based on my overhead and salary, so I will be at the level needed to make these numbers work.

Yes we will do that.

How many billable hours do you plan on working each month of this year?
Jan total billable hours =
Feb =
Mar =
Apr =
May =
Jun =
Jul =
Aug =
Sept =
Oct =
Nov =
Dec =

Yearly total billable hours =

From there we will ballpark a pretax amount you should try and hit to bring home $15.00 per hour.

sharry landscaping
03-01-2005, 03:55 PM
Here we go....

Jan = 50
Feb = 50
Mar = 160
Apr =160
May = 160
Jun = 160
Jul = 160
Aug = 160
Sept = 160
Oct = 160
Nov = 50
Dec = 50

Yearly total= 1480

sharry landscaping
03-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Hey Team Gopher,

After review of our post I noticed we have a figure of $15. This number should be $35.

Thanks,

Scott

sharry landscaping
03-02-2005, 11:26 AM
Geat Work!!

I just sent out 500 letters to are target area today.... we will also be going door to door to follow up.... They will probably think im nuts seeing it just snowed here.... lol .. I will let you know how it turns out...

Thanks,

Scott

Steve
03-02-2005, 11:32 AM
Quote[/b] ]I just sent out 500 letters to are target area today....

Could you show us what you sent out? Either scan it in or attach it?

sharry landscaping
03-02-2005, 11:39 AM
If you feel it needs changes please advise.

Thanks,
Scott

Here is a sample of a letter I used:

March 1, 2005

Mr. Joe Smith
1 Smith Street
Lowell, MA 01851

Dear Joe,

I am writing to introduce myself and my company, Sharry Landscaping. *At Sharry landscaping we offer a full range of lawn care services. *After working with Sharry landscaping you will realize that our attentive customer service and our quality workmanship make Sharry Landscaping an excellent candidate for developing a business relationship with you and your family.

It is important to note that Sharry Landscaping appreciates and values every customer relationship. *Making you a satisfied customer is our top priority! *Listed below are the services we provide:

* * * *C Mowing
* * * *C Weeding
* * * *C Mulching
* * * *C Fertilization
* * * *C Lawn Construction
* * * *C Clean-ups
* * * *C Snow Removal

Should you require a free estimate, need additional information, or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. *Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Scott Sharry
Line 1:
Line 2:
Email:
Web:

sharry landscaping
03-02-2005, 11:42 AM
The c to the left of the services is not really a c. It is a small circle..

sharry landscaping
03-02-2005, 01:08 PM
Great info....

Is there any else I should be doing on my end to keep this going fast.

Thanks,

Scott

Steve
03-02-2005, 01:44 PM
I read your letter and it is good. Something you might want to consider next is your marketing and advertising campaign. As you know we have many free flyer templates here (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=942), however what we would like to do is create some custom door hanger designs based on pictures that would include you next to or in front of your equipment.

Since you are planning on going door to door, what we suggest is some full color door hangers, check here for printing prices (http://48hourprint.com/pricing_doorhangers.html).

We could then design them to focus on the custom services you offer. We want YOU to stand out from your competition. Does your competition hand out full color door hangers with a picture and comment from the owner? Review some of the designs used here (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=1138) by Jeff Hamons. He had these designs created last year and saw a big increase in customers because he focused on selling himself as the front man of his business.

http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/uploads/post-1-14863-hamons_gf_2.gif

http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/uploads/post-1-14779-hamons_gf_4.gif

When you look at his marketing material you see that he takes personal pride in his company. You see how he positions himself as a 'highly qualified expert.' You really do get the feeling he will provide great 'personal service,' as he advertises.

We could also have a space on the door hanger to allow you to write in an estimate for different services per yard you visit.

What do you think?

sharry landscaping
03-02-2005, 01:58 PM
I like the idea alot... I do not have any pictures other than the ones from my website right now. What is the turn around time on something like this?

I am currently using door hangers that have the genral info needed but do not stand out well.

Are there any options I can print right from my home to speed things up??

Steve
03-02-2005, 03:28 PM
Hi sharry landscaping,

Do you have access to a digital camera? Or do you have a friend or family member that could take the picture?

Quote[/b] ]What is the turn around time on something like this?
Well we could probably design it within a few days depending on the amount of revisions needed and then it should take two days for your printer to print it.

Quote[/b] ]Are there any options I can print right from my home to speed things up??
Sure, you could use the flyers we already have but I would suggest if you use door hangers, to have them professionally printed on nice glossy paper.

sharry landscaping
03-02-2005, 03:39 PM
I like this idea a lot. I could probably get access to a digital camera.... Next problem is that it is all snow here. Where would I take pics??

What would be the cost to do this?

I would also like to do a couple of flyers that i can follow up with.

Thanks,

Scott

Steve
03-02-2005, 03:45 PM
We will do the design work for free for you to get you going. That's part of what we want to include in this Head Start program.

You could try taking the pictures in a parking lot or on a driveway. Possition your equipment on the side of your vehicle and have you stand somewhere in the middle. Also maybe a picture of you next to your truck like you see inthe Hamons postcard. We will then edit the image graphically. Make sure you send the pictures in a high dpi format. 150dpi + ? Let's try it out and see what we can come up with. You don't have to use it if you ultimately decide not to.

We will also get some flyers made for you too.

sharry landscaping
03-02-2005, 03:53 PM
Sounds great, I appreacate all the help you are providing me. I have all my equipment in a trailer in the garage behind a friends broken car. It will probably take a couple of days to get the pics to you. Thanks for the fliers also.

http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Xray
03-03-2005, 05:24 AM
#718, #719, #720, #721, #722

sharry landscaping
03-03-2005, 07:30 AM
Hi X-ray,

Thanks for the great work.

Thank you,
Scott

sharry landscaping
03-03-2005, 10:28 AM
Ok, I am convinced on the x-ray 721 as it sits. Great work, everyone loved it. What do i need to do now?

Thanks,

Scott

Steve
03-03-2005, 10:38 AM
Hi sharry landscaping,

we won't be able to work on your door hanger until we get your pictures but until then we can work on some flyers. Let's work on this one at a time. Pick a flyer from here (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=942) and post what you need changed. (Services, tag lines, contact info, etc).

sharry landscaping
03-03-2005, 11:08 AM
I actually think I would like the SHARRY in 721 to be in caps.

I like the idea you used with shamrocks marketing blitz... Is this something we could also do?

Another thought was, would it be smarter for us to wait a couple of weeks untill the snow melts around here to take the pics? I want it to have a spring feeling in it and it wouldnt be possible right now where everything is snow covered..

Thanks,
Scott

sharry landscaping
03-03-2005, 11:42 AM
Spring Training...

Coupons:

15% off spring clean up, with mowing contract

3rd and 8th mow free, with mowing contract

Services:

Mowing, Weeding, Mulching Fertilization Lawn Construction Clean-ups, Snow Removal

Info:

Scott J. Sharry

Line 1: (978)-495-2287, Line 2: (978)-580-0151

Web: www.sharrylandscaping.com

Steve
03-03-2005, 12:01 PM
We can always update the images once we have something to work with. My suggestion is let's roll with what we have now and then make it better in the future.

sharry landscaping
03-03-2005, 01:37 PM
That sounds good. I will try to get them soon...

Steve
03-03-2005, 02:03 PM
Ok we have your information for your first flyer. If you wanted the two others that Shamrock had, please post your information for those as well.

Steve
03-03-2005, 02:12 PM
Something else you might want to consider for this season is one niche service you can offer that your competitors don't. This service should have a higher profit margin than your normal services and make your company stand out.

sharry landscaping
03-03-2005, 02:45 PM
Weed Wacker will be the same info as sping training above.

Snow flyer 2, just change the logo and add my info.

That is a great idea. I could also offer Pressure Washing and Gutter Clean Up. Just need to change all coupons to 15% and add my logo and info...

Thanks,

Scott

sharry landscaping
03-03-2005, 08:04 PM
I am also going to look into T-shirts.. Any ideas on what I should have on them?

Xray
03-04-2005, 06:09 AM
Logo

Xray
03-04-2005, 06:10 AM
Spring Training

Xray
03-04-2005, 06:11 AM
Weed Wacker

Steve
03-04-2005, 10:01 AM
Let us know how the flyers look and we will have them emailed to you.

Quote[/b] ]I am also going to look into T-shirts.. Any ideas on what I should have on them?

Do you want to do t-shirts maybe with your logo on the front and back? Or maybe even golf-style shirts with your logo embroidered?

Maybe choose a color that would work along with your truck color to create a common theme? Maybe even baseball hats too?

sharry landscaping
03-04-2005, 04:30 PM
Flyers look Great!
Thanks alot....

I like the idea of color themed t-shirts front and back with logo and number...Do you think there should be any services on it? I also like the idea about the hats too...

Thanks,

Scott

sharry landscaping
03-05-2005, 05:16 PM
I Just noticed there was a dash on the flyers between the area code and number. Can we remove this?

Thanks

Steve
03-07-2005, 08:49 AM
Hi Scott,

We sent you the flyers and your new logo design. Good luck today going out with your friends to market your business by handing out flyers. Let us know how it works out.

sharry landscaping
03-07-2005, 08:50 AM
Thanks Team Gopher! Will Do...

sharry landscaping
03-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Hey Team Gopher,

I was only able to get out about 100 flyers due to weather. We have
got two calls so far and will give estimates when snow
clears up! Plowing now so I have to run but I will get the
pics as soon as we get some reasonable weather.

Thanks,

Scott

Steve
03-09-2005, 09:59 AM
Hi sharry landscaping,

Which flyer are you using?
Are you putting a price on the flyer?
How are you handing them out?
How often do you plan to do this per month?

Keep up the great work!

sharry landscaping
03-09-2005, 10:20 AM
Hi Team Gopher,

I am using the Spring Training Flyer right now. I have not put a price on them as of yet. I am handing them out door to door in a target area. I plan on handing these and the others out anytime weather permits. Hopefully we will be too busy to hand them out soon, and we can mail them! People must think we are nuts handing out landscaping flyers before a small blizzard...LOL

Thanks,
Scott

Steve
03-09-2005, 10:28 AM
Here is something to consider. You should be doing this every month, even when you are busy. When you are busy you don't need the work so you can bid higher on jobs. If they are accepted, then you will make a higher profit margin and can consider getting rid of lower margin work.
If you don't market when you are busy, then after that wave passes you will slow down and have this lull. That is when you aren't making money. You should do your best to never have a lull or slow period and consistent marketing throughout the year should help prevent this.

sharry landscaping
03-09-2005, 11:15 AM
Hello All,

Sorry if I sent the wrong impression. I agree 100 percent. *This is the exact reason I am in this position right now. *

What I was trying to say was I will be able to market my business on a higher scale once we have some capital coming in (through working all the time). I did not mean that I would stop marketing by any means. My marketing will increase with every new account I obtain.

Thank you,

Scott

sharry landscaping
03-17-2005, 08:13 AM
Hey Team Gopher,

I have been really sick the past week and only able to get out about 225 more flyers. I have scheduled six estimates so far, and am just waiting for the snow to clear up so I can try to land them. I am starting to feal better and I am planing on getting another 1000 or so out there this weekend. I will also be placing an add in the local paper next Thursday. I will keep you up to date.

A couple of quick questions I have are, What is Lawnmail?
And what is required legally to get testimonials and
customer pictures added to a website?

Thanks,

Scott

Steve
03-17-2005, 10:32 AM
Quote[/b] ]What is Lawnmail?

Lawnmail will allow your customers to log into your website and see their invoices and estimates online. You can also then email invoices and estimates to them. If you want to try this out, you need to use Gopher because it pulls the data from your database. There is no cost right now for the Lawnmail service. So if you want to try it let me know and I will get you set up with that.

Quote[/b] ]And what is required legally to get testimonials and customer pictures added to a website?
If you can get a customer to say something nice about your service, see if you can use it as a testimonial and take a picture of it. Most LCO's recommend removing any street numbers from houses in the pictures.

I hope you feel better soon! Keep us updated.

Steve
03-29-2005, 07:04 AM
Hi Scott,

Here is some accounting and tax information based on your company's goal of billing $35.00 per hour for 1480 hours annually and using your expenses.

"Based on an income of $51,800 and expenses totally $18,768 The profit from the business would be $33,062.

Based on this income level taking a standard deduction and assuming the taxpayer is single with no dependents they would owe the following in taxes

Federal would be $3,051
Self-employment taxes would be $4,667
Massachusetts income tax would be at a base rate of 5.3% net of deductions approximately $950"

Compliments of Matthew Patrick CPA

sharry landscaping
05-07-2005, 12:23 PM
Hey Guys,

Things have been going really well with the clean ups and adding new clients to my schedule. I am hoping to blow out my customer goals by a long shot. I have been using the flyers you guys made up for most of are advertising.

I have also added hydroseeding to our services with the new adddition of a Turbo Turf hydroseeder. We are hoping to expand in this direction. I will try to keep in touch more often. Thanks for your help!

Talk Soon,

Scott

Steve
05-10-2005, 07:27 AM
Hi sharry landscaping,

That sounds great! Let us know how the hydro seeding goes!

sharry landscaping
05-25-2005, 10:38 AM
Hey Gopher,

I started hydroseeding my fist two lawns and it has been great! I also put an add in my local paper for this service yesterday and recieved my first call today.

Also , Do you have any templates or marketing material geared toward Hydroseeding?

Thanks,

Scott

Steve
05-25-2005, 12:25 PM
Hi sharry landscaping,

Great work! What would you need the marketing material to say?

sharry landscaping
05-25-2005, 01:48 PM
Hi Gopher,

I would just like something to hand out to potential customers saying that we offer hydroseeding. Maybe even added to my existing flyers would be fine for me.

I am sure there are allot of hydroseeders that could use a hand on ideas for flyers, hangers, ect. I am not really to sure what the content of a flyer designed specificly for hydroseeding would consist of as I have never seen one.

I would think it should have some general benefits of
hydroseeding, a design with someone spraying a lawn, and your general company info.

It could be geared towards new construction, existing
renovation, or damage repairs.

Thanks Again Guys,

Scott

Steve
05-25-2005, 02:17 PM
That's a good start.

What are the benefits to hydroseeding and compared to what?

sharry landscaping
05-25-2005, 03:24 PM
Hey Gopher,

Here we go...

Benefits over Dry Seeding-

Hydroseeding germinates faster and at a higher rate then dry seeding. It can also be used for slopes that would normally have problems taking.The mulch used contains no weed seed, and will hold moisture allowing better germination. It also looks great while waiting for your new lawn. *
Benefits over Sod-

Hydroseeding can be done at a fraction of the cost of sod.*With Hydroseeding you can get a sod quality lawn without the extra cost. It is also grown on your soil and will eliminate any potential problems moving sod from its original conditions onto your soil conditions.

Thanks,

Scott

Steve
05-26-2005, 03:49 PM
Maybe this flyer (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=942;st=30;r=1;&#entry7871) will be helpful.

sharry landscaping
05-26-2005, 03:53 PM
Looks good Gopher, Keep up the good work!

Steve
05-27-2005, 02:42 PM
Hi sharry landscaping,

Were you able to use the flyer? Did you offer some sort of coupon, if so what was the offer?

sharry landscaping
05-28-2005, 03:16 PM
Hey Gopher,

I did not use the flyer yet. I have not had access to a program that I can alter it with. I will probably offer 10% off with a lawn care agreement.

Talk soon,

Scott