PDA

View Full Version : dump trucks or trailer dumps.

1manCrew
07-28-2003, 11:12 PM
I would really like a dump and a dump. Considering a used dump truck but then I was also looking at dump trailers. Which is best?

http://www.bri-mar.com/images/lowprof.jpg

xtreme lawn
07-29-2003, 04:10 PM
If you are on a budget, I bet you could find a cheap dump truck available faster than you could find a cheap dump trailer. But you should check the insurance on both before you decide.

Lawn Butler
07-29-2003, 05:59 PM
I don't think there is an insurance issue on the trailer. Just with the dump truck. The cheaper way to go would be the trailer.

1manCrew
07-30-2003, 09:13 PM
I think I will be looking into the dump trailer. Thanks!

elbow300
11-26-2012, 12:27 AM
I have thought about dump trailers, but went with adding a dump hoist to a flat bed we were already using. The cost was about the same, but the truck has proven very versatile. It is really handy to have the dump truck for running mulch while we can still pull the trailers we always pull for equipment. We also deliver mulch and topsoil on occasion, and the absence of a trailer makes the deliveries much easier to make in tight driveways and such. We also build a box on the truck for leaf season, and again still have the ability to pull the equipment trailer to the job. Ultimately, the weight, and more specifically the fuel it takes to move the weight of a dedicated dump trailer was the deciding factor for me. It just didn't seem very efficient to have a trailer dedicated to jobs that require a dump, or to try to have it double as an every day mower hauler.

Naylor's Lawncare
11-26-2012, 07:24 PM
My goal is to buy dump insert.For one you can take it out and put into your next truck.And during leaf clean up i seen a guy who mounted his leaf vac on the front of his trailer so he could kill two birds with on stone.You get done for the day unhook your trailer and dump your load.Or you need to touch up mulch on one of your normal yards.you dont have to make an extra trip.

SECTLANDSCAPING
11-26-2012, 07:34 PM
My goal is to buy dump insert.For one you can take it out and put into your next truck.And during leaf clean up i seen a guy who mounted his leaf vac on the front of his trailer so he could kill two birds with on stone.You get done for the day unhook your trailer and dump your load.Or you need to touch up mulch on one of your normal yards.you dont have to make an extra trip.

If you do this make sure you have a 1 ton truck. The dump inserts are heavy and will take a good amount of your payload away. A cheaper and lighter solution is a under the bed hoist. The downside of this is it will beat your bed to crap.