View Full Version : professional liscensure

02-05-2008, 10:13 AM
One of our property management companies asks that we be liscensed. I may be a little on the outside on this one. We are a new business and not sure what is involved with being liscensed, can anyone help?

All Aspects Landscaping
02-05-2008, 01:38 PM
No problem Becca... just a few things first. What state are you in and where do you do your business? Do you have contractors liablilty insurance? Workers Compensation? Are you a legally registered business with your state?? Do you have a FEIN? Just trying to get a sense of where you are at. Please post answers.

02-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Yes we have the insurance and our accountant is getting us the FEIN. We are in Ohio in Ottawa County. Yes we are a legal business. We bought an existing lawn care company and are getting ready to bid on some properties, we weren't sure what kind of liscensing we need, I'm hoping it is a simple vendors liscense, which we will obtain before the end of the week.

All Aspects Landscaping
02-05-2008, 11:45 PM
looks like you need the service vendors license which is here::

Vendors License (http://www.ottawacountyauditor.org/vendors_license.asp)

another thing to check out would be:

Business Resources (http://business.ohio.gov/business_cycle/starting_business.shtml)

spent about 30 mins searching the web for more info... this looks like it covers doing business in your county...

02-06-2008, 06:45 AM
Hi Becca,

Welcome to our forum.


Good find! I am guessing the vendor's license is a sales tax license?

It's amazing how many of these licenses are out there floating around and it's different from area to area.

Some communities also require a contractor license as well.

02-06-2008, 08:27 PM
We are looking into building a web page. What is your suggestion? What free pages are available or is it better to pay for a site? Help!

02-07-2008, 07:32 AM

Here is my view. Download one of our free website templates. You can find the link at the top of the screen along the horizontal green bar.

Then get a web hosting company and upload the template to the site.

You should be able to edit the site to get it to look the way you want it.

Let us know how this goes.