PDA

View Full Version : brochure ideas?

FourSeasons
01-17-2008, 02:23 PM
I want to make up a brochure about my business that I can give to potential commercial customers when I go talk to them.

Can you guy give some ideas of what should be included in it and also maybe what shouldn't be in it.

Whats neccesary and what isn't.

I already have one made up with color and pictures i'm just missing the info.

Thanks

Steve
01-17-2008, 04:36 PM
What you could do is show off different pictures of the projects you have done and then have some testimonials over the pictures. Maybe have a page that tells the reader the benefits of having their property landscaped?

What's your thoughts on this?

Steve
01-17-2008, 05:27 PM
Here is a brochure design from Bob at http://www.plan-itgraphics.com

Maybe this will give you ideas too or maybe you would want him to print some for you.

http://plan-itgraphics.com/Jpgs/BC3.jpg

FourSeasons
01-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Quote[/b] ] Maybe have a page that tells the reader the benefits of having their property landscaped?

This will be for commercial use not residential.
So would it have more of a why they should pick me theme?
Or more of a informational about my business?
Or probably both.

Is it neccesary for me to list the services I provide to a propery manager? If I am trying to place a bid then they would already be assuming I have the knowledge and service to maintaim the property right?

Steve
01-17-2008, 07:28 PM
I do wonder how often brochures are used to attain commercial jobs.

Have you read this article yet?

Getting Commercial accounts without commercial references (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=1222)

FourSeasons
01-18-2008, 01:06 AM
Yes i read the article and the whole post.
I'm want something to leave them besides my card.
So I can stand out a little and be remembered after I leave.

Steve
01-18-2008, 04:29 AM
Quote[/b] ]This will be for commercial use not residential.
Or probably both.

Is it neccesary for me to list the services I provide to a propery manager? If I am trying to place a bid then they would already be assuming I have the knowledge and service to maintaim the property right?

I am thinking that you could potentially get pictures of other commercial properties you maintain and get testimonials from their property managers. I would also think listing the services you offer would be helpful because it might get them to offer you more jobs they need help with.

realhuntin
01-18-2008, 10:03 AM
Quote[/b] (FourSeasons @ Jan. 17 2008,5:52)]Quote[/b] ] Maybe have a page that tells the reader the benefits of having their property landscaped?

This will be for commercial use not residential.
Or probably both.

Hi Rob

A brochure is a nice added touch to the professionalizem of your persentation of your company.

I leave a little more when visiting Commercial Accounts.

Not only do I leave a bussiness card (that is a given) but I leave 3 cards. I put together a small protfolio, that almost looks like copies of my webpages including all the services we can and will provide (never assume anything, when you do you know what happens it makes a ###-out of-u and -me (###-u-me). I build this in the MS Power Point highlighting key benefits of our services over and above the competing Lco's, with only a coulple of pitures of current clients and I also include a list of references. People make the mistake of listing "references upon request". The way I look at it is if it were I who was accepting bids or meeting with different companies for a service provider, and I had to ask about references when I have a company that has already provided them to me why would I request references from others if I have it in front of me, wheather they were low bidders or not they would have a better or best chance of winning my business. It saves me time, "Shows Completion." The portfolio also includes copies of business licenses for the area and Insurance certificates. Now I have a COMPLETE Package for their review.

You will find most business have to do things on certain standards, by this I mean before any work can begin all the proper paper work needs to be in order, If you go in there with the paper work already in order this is the advantage you will have over and above the others, keeping you one step ahead of the competition right where you want to be.
The more professional you apear the larger your Company *will apear, with the paper work and presentation the more the prospective client will forget how small you are. If all paper work is in order and they need you to start they may send you a letter of intent prior to sending out the signed contract and this is good to go.

Hope this helps some
Tim

FourSeasons
01-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Quote[/b] ]You will find most business have to do things on certain standards, by this I mean before any work can begin all the proper paper work needs to be in order, If you go in there with the paper work already in order this is the advantage you will have over and above the others, keeping you one step ahead of the competition right where you want to be.

What paper work are you talking about?

realhuntin
01-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Quote[/b] (FourSeasons @ Jan. 18 2008,12:35)]Quote[/b] ]You will find most business have to do things on certain standards, by this I mean before any work can begin all the proper paper work needs to be in order, If you go in there with the paper work already in order this is the advantage you will have over and above the others, keeping you one step ahead of the competition right where you want to be.

What paper work are you talking about?
Hi Rob, here is a list of what I put into a bid package.

Copies Only of;
1. Certificate of Insurance
2. Occupational License
3. Itemized list of Work to be Completed (Estimate)
4. Contract with Detailed Scope of Work (include time schedules)
5. Additional or Optional Services (with pricing and time schedule)
6. Cover Letter (thank you)

This may seem redundent and much but it is Professional and Clearly answers most questions a client may have, with out them having to take the time to call you to define such questions.

Benefits of this:
1. Most Lco's only submit a cover letter and quote/estimate (This put you over and above or one step ahead.)
2. It shows clear detail you're prepaired, confidant and ready to get started.
3. Cuts down on the "down time" having to travel back and forth getting this doc or that doc to the client, wasting valuable time for both parties. TIME IS MONEY!

Ask yourself these 2 questions; 1) Who would I want to do business with, someone that scribles some mumbo jumbo down on the back of a business card or peice of notebook paper, or 2) Someone who has taken the time to put together a Professionally completed bid package with all required documents included.

I'll let my track record stand with the second choice. 95% + successful sales.

I hope this helps

FourSeasons
01-18-2008, 09:04 PM
Tim,
Do you already have a bid ready when you are going out prospecting?
How do you know what services they want or don't want?

For example there is a store next to where I live and I know the owner. Just from going in there frequently and buying stuff. I want to talk to him to see if he would like me to bid on his property.

So I wouldn't be walking in with a bid already made out with optional services already listed, ect.
Or would I?

What if you bid the hedges to be cut 4 times a year and he only wants them done twice a year?

Also where do you iclude info about your company? Or is this not neccesary?

Thats what I mean about the brochure.

If I go down there and talk to someone on a cold call in person.
What kind of package or info do you think I should be leaving whoever I spoke with

realhuntin
01-22-2008, 01:51 AM
Quote[/b] (FourSeasons @ Jan. 18 2008,9:04)]Tim,
Do you already have a bid ready when you are going out prospecting?
How do you know what services they want or don't want?

For example there is a store next to where I live and I know the owner. Just from going in there frequently and buying stuff. I want to talk to him to see if he would like me to bid on his property.

So I wouldn't be walking in with a bid already made out with optional services already listed, ect.
Or would I?

What if you bid the hedges to be cut 4 times a year and he only wants them done twice a year?

Also where do you iclude info about your company? Or is this not neccesary?

Thats what I mean about the brochure.

If I go down there and talk to someone on a cold call in person.
What kind of package or info do you think I should be leaving whoever I spoke with
Hi Rob, Glad you asked this question

First never leave it with anyone other than your contact, always even on a cold call ask to speek with the person that can make the dission and answer or ask any and all questions.

As far as this store, you already have a repore with this person so you can be a little more informal but still present yourself in the mannor I know you will and that is 100% or more Professional.

If it were I: I would create a quote letter and I'll email you a copy of the letter I use for this purpose. It is breif and to the point, no mumbo jumbo.

Then I also would attach an estimate work sheet (Steve added this to the contract link I believe, I will include it also).

Remember you're only giving estimate on what services YOU feel should be provided to give what Patrick calls CURB APPEAL and btw I like that analogyit works very well as a seeling phrase. You can always negotiate the number of times the service will occur, ex if you estimate hedge trimming 4 times and they only want twice spring and fall then you cut your price by half on that service. Only bid or show estimate for each service to be provided DO NOT show monthly price. You can give a monthly after they agree on what services and the # of times each service is to be preformed. You can break it down to 8 or 12 equal payments. You can make all these notes if any on the estimate sheet and then make the adjustment when you write up the contract in the SCOPE OF WORK section. BTW tuck a complete contract already prepaired just as if they were to accept the estimate in full. This way if they aggree to every thing, you leave there in one trip with signed contract, DEPOSIT CHECK, and signed estimate approval in hand. DONE DEAL.

NOTE; If it were I, I would create and estimate through Gopher Software, Itemize each service and frequencies of each service, attach to a quote letter, hand it to him with a cover binder and hand it to him directly include 3 biz cards and start negotiations, right then and there at the end of the conversation if he/she seem stuck on the edge one way or the other DONT FORGET TO ASK FOR THE SALE a lot of times when there is a hang up this will close the deal.

On this one you could add a little something about your company as the last page of your bid package, sometimes visuals are sellers.

Hope this made sence, just because it did in my head doesn't mean it did with others reading it, if not, reply and I will try to explain differently.

Thanks Tim

Steve
01-22-2008, 05:13 AM
Hi Tim,

Quote[/b] ]Itemize each service and frequencies of each service, attach to a quote letter, hand it to him with a cover binder and hand it to him directly include 3 biz cards and start negotiations, right then and there at the end of the conversation if he/she seem stuck on the edge one way or the other DONT FORGET TO ASK FOR THE SALE a lot of times when there is a hang up this will close the deal.

What % of the time do you think a deal could be made on the spot like that?

Should a lawn care operator ever consider more of a soft sell where they present it to them and let the business owner get back to them? Or is it more important to say, this is what I think your property needs and here is my price, and then see if they will sign a contract with you then and there?

FourSeasons
01-22-2008, 10:52 AM
I'm going to have to re read that a couple times, but first thing that pops up is-
So we have a bid ready to give them.
What do you do to get the bid. Just go to a property and start walking around and taking measurements? That doesn't seem right to me.
Especially at a little store like this he would come out and ask me what I'm doing.
Just tell him I'm busy, go back inside, and I'll be in there in a few minutes? LOL Just kidding.
So wouldn't I see if he wanted a bid first?

FourSeasons
01-23-2008, 12:15 AM
Tim- Can you keep help me again on this.
I know I need to approach him soon.

Quote[/b] ]What do you do to get the bid. Just go to a property and start walking around and taking measurements? That doesn't seem right to me.
Especially at a little store like this he would come out and ask me what I'm doing.
Just tell him I'm busy, go back inside, and I'll be in there in a few minutes? LOL Just kidding.

realhuntin
01-23-2008, 12:16 AM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Jan. 22 2008,5:13)]Hi Tim,

Quote[/b] ]Itemize each service and frequencies of each service, attach to a quote letter, hand it to him with a cover binder and hand it to him directly include 3 biz cards and start negotiations, right then and there at the end of the conversation if he/she seem stuck on the edge one way or the other DONT FORGET TO ASK FOR THE SALE a lot of times when there is a hang up this will close the deal.

What % of the time do you think a deal could be made on the spot like that?

Should a lawn care operator ever consider more of a soft sell where they present it to them and let the business owner get back to them? Or is it more important to say, this is what I think your property needs and here is my price, and then see if they will sign a contract with you then and there?
50-50 for me,

Hard sell soft sell its all in the feel for that customer, if you think you can get a contract then and there go for it. if you feel the customer will need time then give it to them, dont even mention a contract to them. give them a few days 4-5 and give them a return call if they havnt called you.

It is all in how comfortable you are and the customer is with you, wheather you present a contract right then or you wait.

realhuntin
01-23-2008, 12:32 AM
Quote[/b] (FourSeasons @ Jan. 22 2008,10:52)]I'm going to have to re read that a couple times, but first thing that pops up is-
So we have a bid ready to give them.
What do you do to get the bid. Just go to a property and start walking around and taking measurements? That doesn't seem right to me.
Hey Rob,

Let me see if I can do better and a little more clear.

check your email

Steve
01-23-2008, 07:41 AM
Quote[/b] ]What do you do to get the bid. Just go to a property and start walking around and taking measurements? That doesn't seem right to me.

How much of this can you just eyeball without standing out too much?

Or maybe you could use it as your selling point? That you care enough to give them a quote because you feel you could provide a better service than who ever is currently taking care of their property?