PDA

View Full Version : Flyer I made using gopher template

kc2006
04-29-2005, 07:43 PM
Here's a flyer I made last night using one of your templetes, I used just the background basicly and did the rest to fit. Let me know what everyone thinks or what I should add, I was thinking add some coupons somewhere to get more inquires since they will be going out next week (already into the season). I'm going to try sending 5000 of these black and white ones either inserted into the local newspapers or theres a company that puts them in with other flyers and I've been assured I'll be the only lawn service one in the bag and be on top (or on bottom if they flip it). I'm going to see the response from those 5000 and then a month later send out 5000 color flyers that I had my brother make (graphic artist) and see if i get more calls. To send the b&w flyers its a total of .06 cents each printed and delieverd, the color ones would be about .18 cents each. I had to make it 1/2 the size to get it on here so if its alittle distorted thats why. I think it looks ok for a b&w flyer, but color is always better in my opinion.

kc2006
04-29-2005, 07:45 PM
Sorry I just noticed i posted this in the wrong forum :blush:

Steve
04-30-2005, 03:49 PM
Hi kc2006,

I think it looks good. The one thing I would suggest is put some kind of coupon in that cut out at the bottom left, with a time expiration.

Give the potential customer a discount and a limited time to use it to get them to jump on the opportunity.

Feel free to post any updates you have.

kc2006
04-30-2005, 04:18 PM
Thank you for the suggestion. I'll do that, going to have them made monday and they'll be sent out this saturday, I'll let you know how I do. I know its already into the season but I had some difficulties getting the business registerd and every thing else, hope to have 20 accounts by the end of the year, we'll see.

Steve
05-02-2005, 07:21 AM
Hi kc2006,

Keep us posted how things work out!

kc2006
05-09-2005, 07:27 PM
Well I got 7 calls the first day from the flyers. Really wish i'd get more mowing but I'm getting all lawn repairs, shrub trimming, mulch installs. Got 3 more estimates to give tomorrow, so far its working out ok but need to pick up some more mowing accounts.

Steve
05-10-2005, 07:28 AM
Hi kc2006,

That's great! Did you add any coupons?

kc2006
05-10-2005, 09:05 PM
Yes I added 1 free cut with one year service agreement and 10% off mulch installs.

I'm going to be putting 5000 door hangers out in the next week focusing on weekly mowing, I'm trying to think of a good coupon for that for weekly mowing to get people interested more, the one free cut wasn't doing it in the flyers. Maybe make it 2 free cuts with a year's service agreement or 1 free cut when prepay first 6 cuts, something to that effect. Any suggestion?

Steve
05-11-2005, 08:28 AM
Hi kc2006,

If you want a more radical idea, did you see this post (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST&f=1&t=1268&st=10&&#entry7559)?

kc2006
05-11-2005, 09:06 AM
The only problem with that is, I don't want 5000 people calling just to get a free cut and then leave, I'd rather have it where if they sign up for a minimum amount of cuts then they'll get a discount or free cut for signing up.

I might go with 1 free cut when prepaying your first 6 cuts. Its not too long of a commitment and free is good to people.

Steve
05-11-2005, 09:54 AM
Hi kc2006,

I can understand. The goal of that marketing ideas is this. If you have time you are trying to fill with paying jobs, it might be worth trying it out. Only do it on a limited basis at first. Maybe hand out 50 flyers? See what type of response you get, if people sign up, then try it again.

Please do what you feel is best for you, I just wanted to provide you with some options to consider.