PDA

View Full Version : Ad idea!

VPS Lawn Care
06-16-2008, 11:11 PM
http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif Well, i came up with an idea after seeing a ad in a local paper as i poped the top of my coke. What if you had cold drink coolies printed saying on one side " relax and have a cold one" then on the other side " let me take care of your lawn" then your co. info, you could leave these on doors like you would a flyer but they would fit over the door knob, yhey would have to remove it b4 they could even open the door. A local printing co. was running an ad min purch 100 @ .79cents ea. 2 color printing.
so what so you all think about this idea i think i will try it out, something diffrent and might grab there attention. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif

Steve
06-17-2008, 04:29 AM
Yea I like that! Very creative. Maybe you could even put some kind of business card in it or coupon that gave the homeowner a discount for service if they contacted you by a specific date?

I would love to see some pictures of this.

Keep me posted.

Steve
07-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Any updates on this idea or did anyone else try it so far?

VPS Lawn Care
07-23-2008, 10:54 PM
Any updates on this idea or did anyone else try it so far?

I have gotten several prices on the coolies, but have not ordered yet, still working on what to have it say exactly, will let ya know when i decide on a coolie and message for it

musician/lawnman
07-24-2008, 09:30 PM
Cool Idea (no pun intended)

I like it.

Plan-It Graphics
07-31-2008, 02:43 PM
It's a really good idea, I do almost the same thing for my lawn care company. Except I use plastic cups. Every time I do an estimate... the estimate sheet, brochure and biz card go in the cup and on the door step. I feel most people wont throw it away, so the shelf life (no pun intended) of the cup is worth it. The coolies are good but almost 3 times the cost. I can get cups for about 50 cents a piece depending on the quantity. If your interested let me know.

Below is a picture of one of my cups and a graphic so you can see the whole image.

Let me know if you are interested by emailing me at... customerservice@plan-itgraphics.com

Bob

http://www.gopherforum.com/uploaded-files/images/cup1.jpg

http://www.gopherforum.com/uploaded-files/images/cup2.gif

Steve
07-31-2008, 11:32 PM
Bob,

How often when you do estimates is someone home? Do you hand the cup to alot of people when they are home or are most out during the day and just want you to come by and leave an estimate?

What kind of response have you gotten to using the cup? Has it improved your estimate acceptance rate?

Plan-It Graphics
08-01-2008, 11:49 AM
I do lots of estimates, at least 100+ in the springtime alone. Usually no one is home, so I leave the cup, estimate, brochure, etc. On the front porch. I can't say if it gets a better response or not, but I feel with the right materials it make you look more professional and not some fly by night company.

just my 2 cents.

Steve
08-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Well we definitely appreciate your insight. Many forum readers are just getting started are looking to you to learn how to grow. This is a great way to grow! Great idea!

It definitely is an eye catcher.

andyjoneslawncare
08-04-2008, 10:38 PM
I love this site! So many ideas! I'll check out the web for prices on the coolies and let you know what I find. They definately wouldn't go in the trash. As for what to say on it, I just ordered some hats that my clients are fighting over, because I just ordered 5 to see what the response would be. They have my logo and say "I don't bust my ***- 'cuz Andy mows my grass!" The hats are kinda pricey so I wanted to make sure people would actually wear them and not just throw them in the closet. 2 of my clients are bartenders and are wearing the hats at work as I'm writing this! That would work awesome on a coolie, as it promotes the idea of sitting back drinkin' a cold one instead of mowing on a saturday. Maybe "Don't bust your ***- Let me mow your grass!" BTW, I ordered the hats from vistaprints, along with vehicle magnets and biz cards. They seem to have decent prices. I don't know if they do coolies though. Keep the ideas coming!

Steve
08-05-2008, 01:46 PM
That is fantastic! Can we see some pictures of them?