PDA

View Full Version : Mailers I got

Steve
04-11-2007, 01:45 AM
Do you get many lawn care mailers?

Here is one I got to show you what the latest trends are in coupons.

What's your view on these offers?

Do you have any mailers you can post?

Steve
04-11-2007, 01:46 AM
To get a better view, maybe right click on the image and click view image.

What's your view on the $99 a month cut & edge?

tiedeman
04-11-2007, 09:44 AM
I still can't see the image when I do that

Wait forget it, I can see the image now

tiedeman
04-11-2007, 09:52 AM
They are not bad deals. The $99 a month actually might be ok if they can get lawns only around 4,000 sq ft. But a lot of the discounts can only be given with a contract. So they are actually covering their bases

Billz
04-11-2007, 01:11 PM
I offered $99 a month in a mailer this year for complete services. Spring/fall, mow, fert, shrubs, weeds, and snow...1000 postcards out, 2 new customers.

Steve
04-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Hi Bill,

Was it a mailer like val-pak or did you send them out yourself?

Billz
04-11-2007, 07:26 PM
I mailed them all myself to targeted areas...I actually received 2 calls from other lcos telling me how great the cards were.lol Never thought that would happen. I was hoping for better responces, but still might get some calls, it is still early for mowing, and we have 5-6 inches of snow again! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif

grounded
04-14-2007, 03:34 AM
I too have tried direct mail targeted to "new Movers" with no luck at all. I have tried this before and also have had no luck but thought that a new approach was needed. Flyer's are the only way I will advertise for new business and thanks to Chestin and his Free monthly news letter, I took his recommendation on flyer prep and moved my logo/name & phone to the bottom and wrote about a cause and solution heading at the top - my rate of calls received is just about 2% and new accounts at 95%. I'm in a flooded market of low ballers and "out of towner's" that charge a fuel surcharge to travel 10 miles - Key selling point! I'm local. Forget about local paper if theres more than 10 ads for landscapers. When's the last time you opened a phone book? I receive 1 or 2 estimate requests a week from the yahoo local search engine, all for free!

Happy Trails!
Tom

Steve
04-14-2007, 09:21 AM
Tom,

What was the cause and solution you went with on your flyers?

grounded
04-15-2007, 03:31 AM
My Headline read " Are you tired of spending your weekends mowing the lawn"

followed with an all inclusive program list of weekly service for 1 low price. I also offered free core aeration w/ weekly mowing agreement.

Here is the ad in PDF format ready for business name insertion and pricing. if anybody wants the MS publisher format - please email me.

http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/uploads/post-8-70940-aeration_flyer.jpg

All Aspects Landscaping
04-15-2007, 07:57 PM
I put together a professional letter addressed to Potential customer. Also include quick facts... including workmans comp insurance... free estimates... close customer relationships... email access to our company...24 Hour turnaround on estimates and 6 hour turnaround on phone calls... Buy a direct mailling list... you can target any area... We subscribe to Sales Genie and its been awesome... Were getting up to 25 new requests a day. Weve done some hand delivered flyers and also sent them in the mail. Include a brochure of all your services also... people wanna be informed.. and feel comfortable. Sales Genie gives you 100 free leads... if it helps anyone..

Steve
04-16-2007, 06:17 AM
grounded,

That is really awesome! The bottom left area that is blank would be for your contact information right?

Very nice design. Let us know how it works compared to other designs you had made in the past.

All Aspects Landscaping,

Do you have any suggestions when using such a mailing list service? Are there any pitfalls one should try to avoid? Any specific things one should do?

All Aspects Landscaping
04-16-2007, 07:38 AM
Its all been pretty good... we send our mailers out between wednesday evening and thrusday at noon... people recieve them on friday afternoon or sat so they will tend to give them a closer look. We went with Sales Genie because they are subscription based. I purchased a list in Oct and for 1200 names it costed around $200.00... I went to Sales Genie and pay $150.00 a month for unlimited names... It really can centralize your routes because you can pick the streets you want to mail to.. New logos this year also help... a fresh look for a company on its 11th year..

grounded
04-17-2007, 05:16 AM
I omitted my contact info from the bottom left so it may be used by all.

This ad by far has generated the most response and new accounts.

Best part is that I made this in a panic one morning. Designed, printed and delivered: all within 14 hours ( 1000 flyer's)
Office max: 35.00 for printing / 5.00 to cut on astro bright paper

Tom

Steve
04-17-2007, 10:47 AM
All Aspects Landscaping,

Did either the mailing list you purchased in October or the sales genie subscription work better as far as results?

Also, what's your view of having a marketing company handle the mailings? Is this something you feel is time consuming and you would prefer another company to do it for you or do you like doing it yourself?

Steve
06-14-2008, 02:15 PM
Here is a screen cap of the flyer Tom posted.