PDA

View Full Version : Home shows marketing

justin_time
04-08-2008, 09:24 AM
I got a letter in the mail from the local municipal office and I was wondering what would you guys do for marketing at a spring home show

Thanks

Steve
04-08-2008, 12:23 PM
A little while back one of the forum members built a trellis in his garden show booth to stand out. I think another year he also created a waterfall with stones and a pond.

Are you thinking about doing something there that would stand out?

justin_time
04-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Not sure.. i'm not into the landscaping.. I'm mostly in the yard care stuff..

Lawn care
Hedge trimming

Stuff like that

I was hoping maybe get my tractor and maybe a push mower..

Not sure.. still trying to think as this show will be up in May

Steve
04-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Maybe you could teach people on the benefits of using organic products on their lawn? Or something like that?

justin_time
04-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ April 08 2008,1:49)]Maybe you could teach people on the benefits of using organic products on their lawn? Or something like that?
It's exactly what i'm gonna try to promote this year

UniversityLandscapers
04-08-2008, 07:16 PM
A Habs fan from northern Ontario...interesting

justin_time
04-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Quote[/b] (UniversityLandscapers @ April 08 2008,7:16)]A Habs fan from northern Ontario...interesting
Sure am..

GO HABS GO http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif

UniversityLandscapers
04-08-2008, 08:33 PM
I got nothing to cheer for, the Canucks are gone http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

justin_time
04-08-2008, 09:47 PM
Quote[/b] (UniversityLandscapers @ April 08 2008,8:33)]I got nothing to cheer for, the Canucks are gone http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif
Yeah i know.. it sucks... oh well.. chear on my habs.. the only good Canadien http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif team in the playoffs http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif

justin_time
05-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Need some ideas for the local homeshow coming up this weekend.

2008 FRENCH RIVER

HOME TRADESHOW

Saturday May 17, 2008 9AM - 4PM

NoŽlville Community Centre

21 St-Christophe Street

NoŽlville, Ontario P0M 2N0

(705) 898-2294

FREE ADMISSION

FUN FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY!

The Mission of the French River Home Trade Show is to provide a showcase for local businesses to market their products and services to area residents and visitors. At the same time, this event will demonstrate to the public that French River is a vital and exciting place to live and work, and that the business community is prosperous.

This year's trade show will feature more than 30 exhibitors. Learn about new construction methods and new innovative products for your home or cottage.

DOOR PRIZES

CANTEEN ON SITE

All Aspects Landscaping
05-11-2008, 09:01 AM
Why do you do something like setting up a hole in one game and if they get get it in they are entered into a free years worth lawn maintenance... but before they hit the ball, they have to give you their email address and contact info... While they are filling out the form, you have the opportunity to talk to them about their lawn care. Also you can give out ziplock baggies with seed in them and your business card... do that for everyone that hits the ball and doesnt win... just an idea... good luck, sounds like fun

justin_time
05-11-2008, 10:27 AM
Quote[/b] (All Aspects Landscaping @ May 11 2008,9:01)]Why do you do something like setting up a hole in one game and if they get get it in they are entered into a free years worth lawn maintenance... but before they hit the ball, they have to give you their email address and contact info... While they are filling out the form, you have the opportunity to talk to them about their lawn care. *Also you can give out ziplock baggies with seed in them and your business card... do that for everyone that hits the ball and doesnt win... just an idea... good luck, sounds like fun
That is a sweet idea. Thanks for mentioning that.

I just looked at the price to rent a mini putt game and it's only about 35$

The grass seed is also a good idea. I will get a big bag of seed and I will staple some business cards to them

Thanks James for the good ideas..

I will post pictures

All Aspects Landscaping
05-11-2008, 08:00 PM
no prob justin...
I always good for some, and maybe crazy, ideas... lol

Let us know how you make out.

justin_time
06-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Picture to come

justin_time
06-12-2008, 10:00 PM
This ain't my mower

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/jitys/TradeShow.jpg

Steve
06-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Hi Justin,

Nice picture!

How did the mini golf idea work out? Did you give away any prizes with it when someone got a hole in one? Or how did you work it?

Also how did having that mower there work in attracting people?

justin_time
06-13-2008, 09:19 AM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ June 12 2008,10:42)]Hi Justin,

Nice picture!

How did the mini golf idea work out? Did you give away any prizes with it when someone got a hole in one? Or how did you work it?

Also how did having that mower there work in attracting people?
The mini golf was more for the kids. They loved it like crazy.

I gave away a round of 9 holes of golf at the local golf course here that I support alot. Soon to be the world largest golf course.

I basically just made a draw at the end.

I also did the promotion of lawn seed samples into a ziploc bag and stapled my business card on it. That was very popular.

People tough that it was my mower but I told them I wish I had a mower like this one. Sometimes I would tell them yeah, that's my mower hahahaha

Steve
06-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Would you do it again?

If so, would you do anything different the next time?

justin_time
06-13-2008, 07:44 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ June 13 2008,3:00)]Would you do it again?

I would do it again.

Next time I would get a bit more ready than I did. I was kind of last minute and not ready so yeah. Next time maybe have more equipment or something. Get pictures of my work or something and blow them up and put them on the table

AMW Graphics
06-13-2008, 09:23 PM
Quote[/b] (justin_time @ June 13 2008,7:44)]Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ June 13 2008,3:00)]Would you do it again?

I would do it again.

Next time I would get a bit more ready than I did. I was kind of last minute and not ready so yeah. Next time maybe have more equipment or something. Get pictures of my work or something and blow them up and put them on the table
You could do a banner and us a banner stand if there is no where to hang it...and put pictures of your past work, etc.

justin_time
06-13-2008, 09:44 PM
Quote[/b] (AMW Graphics @ June 13 2008,9:23)]Quote[/b] (justin_time @ June 13 2008,7:44)]Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ June 13 2008,3:00)]Would you do it again?

I would do it again.

You could do a banner and us a banner stand if there is no where to hang it...and put pictures of your past work, etc.
Yeah that's my next purchase

A banner

I didn't get my shirts in time otherwise I would of worn it at the show