PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion needed

Clean Lawn
08-20-2007, 05:44 PM
Hey everyone.
Chestin suggested something like this in a recent posting -
"Now, what's the 21 point analysis? It's simply the free estimate except you have 21 different things (or some other relevant number) you check and then give recommendations on. It's really nothing more than your regular estimate, but by giving it a title it makes it sound much more valuable and people will be more interested to get it."
I really liked the idea but I wanted to get more professionals suggestion on what you would include in this 21 point lawn/grounds analysis. Then I can post what I feel would be my 21 (or however many) points analysis incase anyone else is interested in using something like this for upcoming advertising.
Thanks in advance everyone!

Steve
08-21-2007, 10:46 AM
That is a very good question!

Let's see if Chestin or anyone else would like to jump in here.

Clean Lawn
08-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Maybe to make it easier, if you were going to offer this service to a customer or even if you were interested in this type of service for yourself what would you want included in a 21-point lawn analysis? These are the same type of things customers will want and what I am looking for to offer them. Frankly when its finished anyone who wants to use it also is more then welcome to it. I can and will post the final results on this thread. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Little's
08-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Looking forward to it! Thanks http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

tiedeman
08-22-2007, 07:26 PM
I have a pre-printed sheet from www.perfco.net that I use whenever I give an estimate for a lawn application. Some like it, while others don't really seem to care whether I give it to them or not

Clean Lawn
08-23-2007, 08:20 PM
Troy I noticed you have a 15 point lawn analysis system could you tell us what the different 15 things are that you use on yours to get us started please?
Thanks

Clean Lawn
08-26-2007, 11:27 PM
Well sorry to everyone that was looking forward to seeing the results but no one wanted to give up any of the ideas they used or even throw some new ones in the pot, so I am pitching this one. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

Steve
08-27-2007, 09:30 AM
I don't think Troy saw this post. Let me forward it to him.

Clean Lawn
08-27-2007, 04:23 PM
Thanks hun. ;)

tiedeman
08-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Quote[/b] (Clean Lawn @ Aug. 23 2007,9:20)]Troy I noticed you have a 15 point lawn analysis system could you tell us what the different 15 things are that you use on yours to get us started please?
Thanks
All 15 on my sheet

1. type of turf
2. lawn establishment
3. density of turf
4. color of turf
5. thatch composition
6. depth of topsoil
7. texture of soil
8. condition of soil
9. moisture of soil
10. controllable weeds
11. weed grasses (no control) This one actually doesn't make sens to me though
12. insect activity
13. disease activity
14. particular problems
15. potential of lawn

And under each point, there are already pre-printed boxes to check off for the type of weeds, problems with the lawn, etc.

Little's
08-28-2007, 12:04 AM
Interesting, Thank you.

Steve
08-28-2007, 08:55 AM
Quote[/b] ]And under each point, there are already pre-printed boxes to check off for the type of weeds, problems with the lawn, etc.
Could you explian that more?

Do you mean the pre-printed boxes are under section 10 - controllable weeds?

Also how many check boxes are there?

Thanks!

Clean Lawn
08-28-2007, 09:38 AM
Wow that is impressive! Thanks Troy!

Steve
06-02-2008, 11:43 AM
I wanted to bring this post back because it was being talked about in another post.