PDA

View Full Version : Website opinions

gotta_mow
05-29-2008, 08:00 AM
<span style='color:black'>He everyone, I have posted a few new posts today as I really begin to push this new business. *In a previous life I owned a photolab and did a fair amount of graphic design work. Websites, flyers, logos, etc etc etc. *I have been working on a website for my new business and would like to know whay you guys think.

I also would like to hear what you think the site is missing, what kind of things should be added. *I would like to ad a form for estimate requests and I have begun working on that.

Also I have my craigslist ad link directly to my site.

http://www.gottamowohio.com
Thanks
Ben</span>

Steve
05-29-2008, 11:28 AM
That is a fantastic logo and website!

Welcome to our forum.

How do you like this business over your previous business?

EatingEmoKids
05-29-2008, 12:04 PM
good work on the website man.

I see you have for your email address ben.gottamow@gmail.com
I read before that google offers some kind of email service for web masters. I'm not sure if it is still around but it would allow you to have a gmail account but the email address would be ben@gottamowohio.com. Just some thing I thought you might be interested in.

gotta_mow
05-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Quote[/b] (EatingEmoKids @ May 29 2008,12:04)]good work on the website man.

I see you have for your email address ben.gottamow@gmail.com
I read before that google offers some kind of email service for web masters. I'm not sure if it is still around but it would allow you to have a gmail account but the email address would be ben@gottamowohio.com. Just some thing I thought you might be interested in.
<span style='color:black'>Thanks, I had not heard of that. I wull look into it.

Ben</span>

gotta_mow
05-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ May 29 2008,11:28)]That is a fantastic logo and website!

Welcome to our forum.

How do you like this business over your previous business?
<span style='color:black'>Well its still to early to tell. In retrospect the photo industry is much more expensive to get started in. This business has a much lower startup cost even if I was going out and buying all new equipment, truck, trailer etc.

a quick but certainly non exclusive run down of the photolab was
$1200 rent each month
$2200 payment on our digital photo printer (we bought it for $210,000)
$1000 payment for paper chemistry etc

I had well over $5000 each month spent before I even unlocked the door.

Here I have about $500 in my new mower & trimmer (that I also use at my house) and I am also using my 99 Tahoe and a 4x8 trailer from TSC that I've had for a couple of years.

I still do not have customer #1 but I have spent alot less to try to find him also.

Ben</span>

gotta_mow
05-29-2008, 07:23 PM
<span style='color:black'>Today I signed my first weekly customer http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Ben</span>

Little's
05-30-2008, 12:41 AM
Nice to hear Ben. Keep knocking on doors, and before you know it you will have more customers than time! Congrats on the first.