PDA

View Full Version : Quote Cards

klarwood
05-04-2008, 10:53 AM
I made these cards and i go to a subdivision and put them in all the paper boxes with a quote for basic mowing.

All Aspects Landscaping
05-04-2008, 11:10 AM
ummm... any chance we can see what they look like??

Steve
05-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Hi klarwood,

Welcome to our forum.

I'd like to see what you created too.

klarwood
05-04-2008, 11:27 AM
here it is sorry i thought i added before i had to change the format

Steve
05-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Very interesting!

What did it say at the top of the card, it seemed to have gotten cut out.

How do you print them and what size are they printed?

What kind of response have you found so far with them?

klarwood
05-04-2008, 11:42 AM
they get printed on bright yellow paper on card stock i get 4 to a page (8 1/2 X 11) Costs be about 15.00 for 400 cards i have gotten about a 10% response! its alot of work but its paying off! I am out every free moment in the subdivisons putting these in paper boxes.

klarwood
05-04-2008, 11:43 AM
the top said your lawn mowing will be:

Steve
05-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Keith that is awesome!

What are you charging per average sized yard?

Also, do you put anything on the back of the card?

klarwood
05-04-2008, 11:48 AM
no but i am working on a co advertising program to charge a local pizza shop to put a coupon on the back and make a little money average yard is $25-#$35

musician/lawnman
05-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Quote[/b] (klarwood @ May 04 2008,11:48)]no but i am working on a co advertising program to charge a local pizza shop to put a coupon on the back and make a little money average yard is $25-#$35
I just did the same thing friday.

I'm paying for the Pizzaria's menus to be reprinted & I get an add on them. *He sends them out with every delivery too. *His current menus are 1 page black & white double sided print on basic white paper..... *He folds them in half.... *It couldn't get much cheaper! *He asked if I*would do his lawn for fre pizza when I wanted it, I said I wouldn't use it often enough (it would take alot of pizza) *He said then offer potential clients a free large pie once they sign up with you, you call me & I'll deliver it when ever they want.
Deal.

Steve
05-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Chuck any pics of that?

Also do you have any pics from the oil lube marketing? I don't think I saw them either.

musician/lawnman
05-04-2008, 01:56 PM
We'll I haven't even redone the menues for the pizza place yet. And your right.... I never did go in a take pictures of my placard on the wall in the auto shop. Here is a jpeg of the flyer thats in it. The frame I have it in on he wall there as a business card holder on the lower right corner so thats why the design has a blank spot there.

Steve
05-04-2008, 05:28 PM
You know I really like what you are doing with this. I like that you include a picture. I think that helps you connect with the potential customer even before they call you. I rarely see that but I think it is very important.

What did you think of the display? Would you do anything different the next time?

musician/lawnman
05-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Yeah I think the picture adds a personal touch. I've been using this same image on everything I've done lately (it just captured a geniune smile so I like it.

Here is the image for the business card sized magnets I had madea few months ago.... I don't even give out regular business cards anymore.

As far as the design I don't know..... people are taking my cards from the rack but no calls yet? So maybe I should try another look? I though It was pleasant & presentable, the district rep. from that auto chain complimented me on it & asked the owner of that store to tell me he'd rarely let anything like that stay in the store but since it looked so nice & was professionally done, he was fine with it.

Steve
05-05-2008, 07:43 AM
I like the cards a lot too! The only thing I can think of to do differently is to use an attention grabbing headline at the top and then make some kind of limited time offer to get them to jump on it.

LawncareMarketingMagic
05-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Steve,

You're starting to sound like me! Now that's a scary thought.

Chuck, Steve's right in that I'd look to add some attention grabbing headline at the top of your card. Give them a reason to look at the card, then follow it up with some type of offer.

Don't just list your services. Give them a reason to actually pick up the phone and call.

It could be an introductory package at a discount. Or it could be a free oil change with a service contract. Or it could be....well, you get the idea. Be creative and give them a reason to actually pick up the phone and call you today.

Steve
05-14-2008, 12:34 PM
Chestin,

Thank you very much for all your insight!

The thing about marketing is, it seems counter intuitive to a lot of us. We tend to want to promote our business names first but that's the last the thing the customer wants to see first.

The customer wants to see the offer first but we tend to want to present the offer at the end, if there is even an offer!

Isn't this kind of interesting how there are two sides too it that are polar opposites?