PDA

View Full Version : Are you listed locally...online?

05-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Hey guys! I thought you might be interested in my recent blog entry: Are You Listed Locally? (http://www.yardsignswork.com/blog/2008/05/06/are-you-listed-locally/)

I took a few minutes to put together some local search websites that will help you get phone calls. Most of the searches don't even require you to have a website.

The yellow pages is slowly dying, customers are moving to online search. Don't fall behind!

Good Luck!
-Gene

Steve
05-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Nice work!

Thanks Gene.

Little's
05-06-2008, 10:19 PM
I dont use local yellow page books. I do my listing online.
I show up on Google and Yahoo's first page with most searches related to trees.

Try: tree services redding ca.
or: tree businesses redding ca.
tree removal redding ca.,
tree pruning redding, ca.
etc. etc.
or: anything else similar and I show up in most search engines usually twice on the first page.

It just costs too much to advertise in the books. I think the books know they are going under slowly and they are trying to make as much money over the next few years that they can.

Steve
05-07-2008, 08:47 AM
Brandon, that is great you get listed so high on the search engines.

What advice do you have for others trying to get listed high in their search terms?

Little's
05-07-2008, 10:53 AM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ May 07 2008,4:47)]Brandon, that is great you get listed so high on the search engines.

What advice do you have for others trying to get listed high in their search terms?
It was pretty easy for me. My website is built from the Wordpress Blog platform. Wordpress has many plugins available to assist you in SEO. Just enter your keywords. Done. Also helps to have catch phrases and words that pertain to what it is you are offering, throughout your website (blog in my case). It took about a month to start showing up, but started going higher and higher ever since.
Also I read that adding new info regularly helps too.

ProCut TM
05-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Great post. I just added ProCut Turf Management to Google Maps

This site is great

Thanks Gene

JL