PDA

View Full Version : Matts Newspaper Ad 4 Lawn Service

landonkade
05-02-2008, 12:22 AM
Here is a newspaper ad i put in my local paper. I couldnt really make the size of the ad so i just put the text in. Its a 1 x 1 1/2 ad for $153 for the month.

The ad in the paper has a black background with white lettering with a black border, so it can stand out. If you can correct it on how i described it , that would be great, so peope can see a example.

I have read in a post of realhuntin(Tim) that a catchy phrase needs to be at the top then services, then the business name near the bottom.

So i am going to try this way and see what happends.

Steve
05-02-2008, 02:09 AM
Hi Matt,

Can you try to save the image as a jpg image? and then try to repost it? I think that will work then.

Thanks, Steve

landonkade
05-02-2008, 10:05 AM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ May 02 2008,2:09)]Hi Matt,

Can you try to save the image as a jpg image? and then try to repost it? I think that will work then.

Thanks, Steve
try this..... this is just a rough sceatch of it

Steve
05-02-2008, 12:37 PM
Hi Matt,

I think you would want to say 'TOO' much

'Licensed'

'Commercial'

'Residential'

I like what you are doing.

landonkade
05-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ May 02 2008,12:37)]Hi Matt,

'Licensed'

'Commercial'

'Residential'

I figured i would put something catchy at the top to get there attention.

People are always TO BUSY? or TIRED!

I know it probaly needs to short and sweet and to the point.

People dont like to read, read, and read or they will move on to something else

I put my name in there so they know who to ask for...

website, so they can take a look at pics and what all i offer....

People like licensed and insured incase something happens(breaks)

Steve
05-02-2008, 02:54 PM
I like it. I am looking forwards to what kind of reaction you get. I was just trying to point out the misspelled words to help http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

landonkade
05-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ May 02 2008,12:37)]Hi Matt,

'Licensed'

'Commercial'

'Residential'

yeah i had mispelled them on here, but i have them right on the newspaper ad

I had also thought about advertising in the Yellow Book(Phone Book).

Newspaper advertising is $153 a month for a 1 x 1 1/2, no contract.

Yellow Book advertising is $101 a month for a 4 x 4, plus another placement in the book, but they want a years contract.

He said i would save money using Yellow Book(Phone Book)

Also people are also looking on the web for services.

If any of you advertise in the phone book, how good is the responce. The sales man told me if you are looking to stay busy, and the phone to ring off the hook this is the way to go. Which i know he is just trying to make a sale.

He had also mentioned that i have to pay 2 payments up front and nothing until Jan of 2009 until the ad starts, cause this years book (2008) is already out, *and they are getting ready for the 2009 books.

Steve
05-03-2008, 04:28 PM
I would like to hear from others but it seems from what I know, yellow pages is something you can do after you are in business for a few years. I am sure it will bring in some customers but signing an annual contract for the yellow pages when you are starting out and trying to conserve funds I don't think is the best way to spend advertising dollars. I would do more short run ads and then work the neighborhood you are servicing to help broaden your customer base and tighten your routes.

Any thoughts on this?

All Aspects Landscaping
05-03-2008, 05:26 PM
A friend of mine placed a half page ad in the yellow pages... His results... 90% of the calls were from retired persons and lower income areas, which kinda makes sense.... now the way the internet is, its faster to find information on a laptop than opening the phone book. I really think your money would be spent elsewhere... keep this topic active, Id love to see what everyone elses opinions are

landonkade
05-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Quote[/b] (All Aspects Landscaping @ May 03 2008,5:26)]A friend of mine placed a half page ad in the yellow pages... His results... 90% of the calls were from retired persons and lower income areas, which kinda makes sense.... now the way the internet is, its faster to find information on a laptop than opening the phone book. *I really think your money would be spent elsewhere... keep this topic active, Id love to see what everyone elses opinions are
yeah, advertising in the yellow pages sounds good and all, But as steve said i dont really think it is quite time for me to do that adverture yet.

That is what i have noticed from my website and what i have heard is that people are looking businesses and services up on the internet now a days.

I *had though about doing flyers or door hangers sometime and taping them on the mailboxes or do direct mailings. Proably cheaper to do flyers on mailboxes as long as i dont open the mailbox.

When ever i am servicing a yard in the neighborhood, if i have time in between stops. I walk that same road and put business cards on doors of homes, then drive i by a day or so later and see if the business cards are gone off the doors, 100% of the time they are gone,lol.

landonkade
05-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Quote[/b] (landonkade @ May 03 2008,10:02)]Quote[/b] (All Aspects Landscaping @ May 03 2008,5:26)]A friend of mine placed a half page ad in the yellow pages... His results... 90% of the calls were from retired persons and lower income areas, which kinda makes sense.... now the way the internet is, its faster to find information on a laptop than opening the phone book. *I really think your money would be spent elsewhere... keep this topic active, Id love to see what everyone elses opinions are
yeah, advertising in the yellow pages sounds good and all, But as steve said i dont really think it is quite time for me to do that adverture yet.

That is what i have noticed from my website and what i have heard is that people are looking businesses and services up on the internet now a days.

I *had though about doing flyers or door hangers sometime and taping them on the mailboxes or do direct mailings. Proably cheaper to do flyers on mailboxes as long as i dont open the mailbox.

When ever i am servicing a yard in the neighborhood, if i have time in between stops. I walk that same road and put business cards on doors of homes, then drive i by a day or so later and see if the business cards are gone off the doors, 100% of the time they are gone,lol.
bump.....