PDA

View Full Version : Landscape training show?

Steve
04-20-2008, 07:53 PM
I was just thinking, would it be beneficial for a lawn care business or landscaping business to put on some kind of presentation at a local Home Depot on different lawn care and landscaping topics?

Could you show people how to install certain types of hardscapes , ponds, and then also at different shows, talk about lawn care?

Maybe you could leave up a sign at the store that would announce upcoming shows and promote your business along with a place to leave your business card?

You could say something like I will show you how to ..... If it is too much work, you can always hire me to do it as well.

Would you pick up new customers this way? Possibly those that took part in your seminar or those who walked by and saw your sign?

Then you could videotape them and turn them into shows on youtube. These shows could then be place on your website to show how involved you are with your community.

What's your view?

Here is someone who actually does this.

http://www.duskyturner.com/seminars/hdepot.html

UniversityLandscapers
04-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Sounds like a good idea...but I think it might not be the best way to generate business directly, although it generates a lot of goodwill towards your company. Since the Home Depot crowd that is attending your seminars is already the do-it-yourself type, they might be less likely to purchase any of your services.

LawncareMarketingMagic
04-22-2008, 03:03 PM
The people that actually attend might not necessarily be in the market for your services, but they undoubtedly know people that might be.

At the same time, plenty of people go to Home Depot that want nothing to do with taking care of their lawn. They enjoy planting flowers, but want nothing to do with overseeding, fertilization, mowers, and edgers.

With the way people are mercilessly being bombarded with advertising messages these days, one of the BEST ways to cut through the clutter and really stand out is to provide knowledge and information.

Even if it's not being immediately received by your end target prospect, it will help you establish your position as "the expert" and the word of mouth has a good chance of reaching someone that does need your services.

Steve
04-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Does anyone have any thoughts on what type of stores, offering some kind of training classes or seminars would hit your target audience?