PDA

View Full Version : Entrepreneur wants lawns off drugs

Steve
04-14-2008, 03:04 PM
I thought this was an interesting marketing angle. Get your lawn off drugs! I never really heard or thought of it this way before and I think it would really stand out as a headline on a flyer.

What do you think of the concept? Attention grabbing?

Entrepreneur wants lawns off drugs (http://miramichileader.canadaeast.com/news/article/264537) - Yvon Cormier, owner of Enviro Masters Lawn Care, says he wants to do his part to get lawns in the city of Miramichi off drugs this year.

Cormier said there needs to be environmentally safe choices when it comes to lawn care.

"It is phenomenal the amount of chemicals being put on our lawns," he said in a recent interview. "I wanted to do something that would ultimately be successful for myself, but I also wanted to do my part in helping to protect the environment."

lawnindustryconsultants.com
04-14-2008, 03:11 PM
Steve

Will never work you need herbicides.

Steve
04-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Do you like the marketing campaign idea or will that not work because the service they provide won't work as well?

LawncareMarketingMagic
04-15-2008, 08:57 AM
I think it will definitely appeal to a certain subset of prospects. With the emphasis on 'Going Green',reduced chemical emissions, and organic alternatives, the guy will certainly have plenty of opportunities to provide his service. It's a great example of picking a niche.

Now, whether or not the service is worth it's salt remains to be seen. I have no doubt there are plenty of great organic alternatives to the traditional synthetic treatments and have worked with numerous all organic service providers recently that do fantastic work.

Another thing I'd like to point out is the free publicity the guy got. Getting an article in the newspaper is worth THOUSANDS of dollars or paid advertising and I imagine his phone was ringing off the hook immediately after this story hit. Having an angle like 'getting the town off drugs' is a great hook that will appeal to a reporter that in turn, makes for a great story.

Steve
04-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Quote[/b] ]Another thing I'd like to point out is the free publicity the guy got. Getting an article in the newspaper is worth THOUSANDS of dollars or paid advertising and I imagine his phone was ringing off the hook immediately after this story hit. Having an angle like 'getting the town off drugs' is a great hook that will appeal to a reporter that in turn, makes for a great story.

I absolutely agree with you. Getting your lawn off drugs has a ring to it. It's a great article title. It grabs the readers attention. Now this lawn care business owner can jump on all the attention he is getting from this article.