PDA

View Full Version : Street island landscaping and marketing?

Steve
04-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Does your town have a lot of islands at intersections that could use some sprucing up? Could you contact your town and tell them what you would like to do to make the appearance more pleasing with a little landscaping in return for being able to place your sign at the intersection?

What's your thoughts on this?

UniversityLandscapers
04-09-2008, 06:39 PM
We have a program in our city called "Green Streets" that promotes gardening in the traffic circles, mainly around apartment buildings where people don't have their own garden. I've never noticed anyone using them as an advertising tactic before...interesting idea.

Fernando's CleanCut!
04-10-2008, 11:51 PM
Hi, guys!
My plans in the future is to join a "ADOPT-A-PARK" or "-Median" Program, and then place an Add or something. I always wanted to help my community by doing this... or even better, "Adopt-A-Child Care", a non-profit organization,... theres a lot of places around here that can use some help by having a good looking front yard.

sad story: I saw a couple of mid-age ladies mowing the lawn in front of a child care/early learning... this was last year, and I just started this business and I had to pay the bills. But we'll see how this year goes, and maybe can afford to adopt them at the end of the season, hehe.

Steve
04-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Fernando,

Keep us posted on what happens with this.