PDA

View Full Version : Organic Lawn Care Brochure Idea

UniversityLandscapers
04-03-2008, 09:20 PM
I was thinking of creating some sort of "guide" to organic lawn care that I could arrange to place in local stores...similar to the information we have on our website (http://www.universitylandscapers.com) now.

I was thinking local hardware and garden stores, and maybe a health food store or something...places that would attract the organic types. Any thoughts on such a thing? I was thinking I'd probably have to offer something in return to the stores, but I have no idea what?

ritchiem
04-03-2008, 10:42 PM
well some stores may like the fact that they are able to hand out information of the such, and place your brochures there for no charge. But what if you were to offer a organic lover an organic gift card to that store? Then the store should have no problem letting you advertise your program. The more business you get on the organic side the more business they will receive from your gift cards.

Steve
04-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Richard,

Since you have just mailed out your brochures, would you say that this is something that would be a lot more effective if it were mailed out to homeowners in a specific area rather than placed in stores?

UniversityLandscapers
04-04-2008, 03:57 PM
If the person already shops in the store, then the gift card might not be so great? I guess I could hand out something like that to other customers as a cross promotion...

The whole idea of placing them in stores vs. mailing is to save $$, since I don't really have any to spend on marketing and also to specifically target people who I think would be interested in such a service.

Steve
04-04-2008, 05:30 PM
I don't think you would have too much difficulty getting them in stores. Let us know how this turns out.