PDA

View Full Version : business card question

kc2006
03-26-2008, 09:22 AM
So whats the thoughts on business cards? Is it better to keep them simple and clean or is it ok/good to go with alot of color too?

I came up with a business card that has full color on it but yet it's kind of simple too. I'm wondering if I should go with it or if I should just do more of a standard business card. *My brother has business cards that are really cluttered I think, but he's in the art field where they want to see the craziest designs you can do I guess. After seeing his I thought maybe full color wouldn't be right, but then the one i came up with doesn't seem to bad.

I'm going to put the rough draft of mine up and see what you all think. *The logo and the lettering will have a white cloud behind it all so it stands out better, i just didnt have the means of doing that. *Is this too much for a business card or no?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/mean83sc/roughbuscard.jpg

ritchiem
03-26-2008, 09:53 AM
is this the same card...just front and back?

I like clean and creative designs, however there is nothing wrong with full color. Just looking at your business card I can relate lawncare/landscaping to it...so that is good. Once you get the design cleaned up and finished I think you'll have a nice card.

Steve
03-26-2008, 10:18 AM
Quote[/b] ]
http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/uploads/post-20-44809-kurts_business_card.jpg

I like the designs a lot too! I think the fact I can tell it's a lawn care business card right away, without reading the text, is very beneficial.

I also am wondering if that is the front and back or two separate designs.

lawnindustryconsultants.com
03-26-2008, 11:58 AM
I like the card it is cut rite to the chase and grabs attention now what kind of paper do you print it on is it glossy raised text

xcelprinting.com
03-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Kurt,
They look great...and for $69 and FREE shipping you can order 1000 of these great looking cards from me.

I print THICK 16pt cardstock (very thick) with gloss on one or both sides, your choice...16pt cards are durable, rigid, far from flimsy.

Let me know if you wish to order.

kc2006
03-27-2008, 12:31 PM
Thanks xcel, but I already have a local printer ready to do them. Your price is really good though.

And the cards were front and back. I might go ahead with them, since everyone said they instantly knew it was lawncare related.

xcelprinting.com
03-27-2008, 01:03 PM
Kurt,
You have nothing to lose, do the comparison: ask your printer what paper stock are they using? and pricing for a given quantity.

My price is just $69 out the door and that is for both front and back full color and gloss, and as mentioned FREE UPS Ground shipping (in the US).

Locally you wont' pay shipping, but you'll pay tax...90% of the time local print shops print on 10 or 12pt stock, I "only" print on 16pt., just the readers have an idea, 16pt stock is 3 times as thick as 10pt, which is basically a bit thinner than a debit/credit card, so you are buying quality.

But anyways Kurt, just thought I'd give you the comparison, they might be charging the same as me, but not for the same quality, and I am sure you like all of us want to spend your money on a quality product, specially marketing material which is our 1st impression.

Thanks,
Jon

kc2006
03-28-2008, 02:58 PM
Jon, I had already commited with the local company about the business cards prior to your offer, and I don't like to back out of deals.

But! I need more stuff done and the price you gave me seems very attractive so it has my attention. I'm looking to get some flyers or doorhangers printed up, I have probably 5,000 of leftovers from years past and I said I wasn't going to buy more because I'm just about at my advertising budget for this year, but I can't idley sit by and wait for calls, I feel like I need to be out there hitting pavement.

What I'm looking for is probably 2000-3000 doorhangers or flyers to begin with, I have the design already done, full color both sides, 4.25x11. Send me an email if you can, KC2006@sbcglobal.net, how much and whats the wait time on that?