PDA

View Full Version : Big FINE for telemarketing!

Steve
03-27-2008, 09:22 AM
This should give anyone who is thinking about using telemarketing to promote their lawn care business this year.

How does this news effect your business marketing plans?

Mo. Attorney General Nixon, TruGreen settle No Call list violations (http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/stories/2008/03/24/daily31.html) - Missouri Attorney General Jay Nixon announced Tuesday a settlement with TruGreen Lawn Care over violations of Missouri's No Call law. TruGreen agreed to stop contacting consumers on the state No Call list and pay $45,000 to the state.

lawnindustryconsultants.com
03-27-2008, 09:38 AM
Steve,

That is crazy i was reading that earlier in the AP. What i have gathered from that case if you are going to do mass calling like tru green pay attention to tha call list all it takes is to p-off the wrong person and your done. I just recomend keeping the calling to a small quantity. Also change the way you aproach the call.

Steve
03-27-2008, 10:45 AM
Quote[/b] ]Also change the way you aproach the call.

What do you suggest?

03-27-2008, 04:56 PM
Trying not to call as a sales person try to call as a friend is always ive tried

Steve
03-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Can you tell me a little more about what you mean? Do you mean only calling people you know? Or when you call unknown people to see if you can sign them up for lawn care service, approach it as you are their friend?

03-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Yes call the potential customer and try to talk like you mite know them maybe as a friend. Try to get them to setup for your salesman to come and see them. When i did calls i always ran into the persons saying dont ever call here again rite away if you can find out there name then ask for them as soon as you get the answer and maybe not go directly into the sales speal maybe stall them then get to the sales speal these again are my thoughts

All Aspects Landscaping
03-27-2008, 11:12 PM
hey steve,
we had this topic before on the forum... I told you about the fines back then http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif ... but good thing you got some evidence to back it up!!