PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Prices and advertising

grounded
05-13-2007, 03:22 AM
With the rise of fuel, here is an idea. On your routes that have dead spots, print up a flyer for the neighborhood that could read something like: "Has your current lawn care company tried to impose a fuel surcharge, or have they told you they quit because they cant afford the gas - keep our number handy, Were local!"

With some real effort - this could be a way to get your name out after the season rush has ended. We get calls from "dropped Customers" and they explain that the LCO wants more money because of travel.

Steve
05-13-2007, 08:59 AM
WOW Grounded!

Those are some brilliant ideas. I hope others are reading this and paying attention. Have you tried it yet? Have you heard any feedback from this?

tiedeman
05-13-2007, 10:49 AM
That is an excellent idea!

grounded
05-14-2007, 02:28 AM
I have tried this and yes, feedback is great! I can understand hiding a fuel charge in the "per cost/cut" but you cant put a surcharge in a customers face and expect them to pay it! They don't own your truck or equipment and YOU - the LCO need to find a way to offset the rise in fuel. 1 customer told me that her LCO wanted $6.00 more per cut for a fuel increase. I asked her if she plans to pay for there insurance increase too. :>
Another LCO flat out told a customer that they wont honer her agreement because demand for their company in her area was flat. Too bad for them - this is the 500K + homes that don't bat an eye at price. Johnny on the spot gets the work!

Luck to all!
Tom

Steve
05-14-2007, 06:48 AM
Hi grounded,

I put together a lawn care flyer based on your idea. Feel free to download and use it.

To download the flyer in pdf format (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=31;t=3456;st=30;r=1;&#entry21547), click here. But remember you must be logged in as a forum member to download it.

Let me know what you think of it.

http://www.gophergraphics.com/images/fuel-surcharge-preview-s.gif

grounded
05-15-2007, 09:34 PM
This is great! thank you very much!

Tom

tiedeman
05-15-2007, 11:47 PM
that is a pretty cool flyer

real green
03-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ May 14 2007,7:48)]Hi grounded,

I put together a lawn care flyer based on your idea. Feel free to download and use it.

To download the flyer in pdf format (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=31;t=3456;st=30;r=1;&#entry21547), click here. But remember you must be logged in as a forum member to download it.

Let me know what you think of it.

http://www.gophergraphics.com/images/fuel-surcharge-preview-s.gif
i downloaded it but want to edit with text and add my info, but can't any ideas?

Steve
03-21-2008, 12:32 PM
What type of problem are you having with it?

lawnindustryconsultants.com
03-21-2008, 02:07 PM
One of my clients. (lawn comapny) Is sending postcards just like that one and he is getting a good response but i talk to the guys doing surcharge and they are making a lot more profit now that they are adding extra and getting it but most of the guys charging lost alot of customers to that flyer

real green
03-21-2008, 08:34 PM
i cant add text or change anything. I downloade a few thing like gas charge flyer, toys for tots, holidays contest, and a few others.

Steve
03-22-2008, 09:12 AM
Real Green,

Have you tried to download a free pdf editor? I think that might help. Let me know if it does.

real green
03-22-2008, 05:38 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Mar. 22 2008,9:12)]Real Green,

Have you tried to download a free pdf editor? I think that might help. Let me know if it does.
i have the latest version of Adobe reader but cant text with it. Aslo i downloaded the web template & unzipped it but it is all in sections

Steve
03-23-2008, 04:32 AM
I don't think the Adobe reader will allow you to edit the text but I think there are free pdf editors out there on the web.

As far as the web templates go, if you upload the files to your website, they should all work. If you set up a test directory on your website, can you let us know where it is so we can see what the problem with it is?