PDA

View Full Version : transit bus advertising

landonkade
03-19-2008, 11:12 PM
There is a transit bus company that advertises businesses *here in town, that brings people to places around town. They have a number on the bus to call to advertise your business on there. A bunch of businesses advertise on these buses. There is like 10 or so buses total that go around town. I think there radius is 20 miles

*this is a pic i found on the internet, some idea here in town*

You can advertise on the sides and on the back of the bus.

I checked on prices a while back, and the sides(1side) are $250 for a month- the ad would be the like the pic below

Also could advertise on the back $125 a month

Would something like this get peoples attention to call if they are looking for lawn service. Or would it be a waste of money

landonkade
03-19-2008, 11:21 PM
Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Mar. 19 2008,10:12)]There is a transit bus company that advertises businesses *here in town, that brings people to places around town. They have a number on the bus to call to advertise your business on there. A bunch of businesses advertise on these buses. There is like 10 or so buses total that go around town. I think there radius is 20 miles

*this is a pic i found on the internet, some idea here in town*

You can advertise on the sides and on the back of the bus.

I checked on prices a while back, and the sides(1side) are $250 for a month- the ad would be the like the pic below

Also could advertise on the back $125 a month

Would something like this get peoples attention to call if they are looking for lawn service. Or would it be a waste of money
*also found on the internet*

back of bus advertising

justin_time
03-19-2008, 11:28 PM
Ontera did the same on the local bus over here...

Here's the picture

http://www.timminstransit.ca/new/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/album01/Timmins62a_Ontera.jpg

All Aspects Landscaping
03-19-2008, 11:41 PM
for 250 a month... you should call them right now and line it up... remember, youll probably have to pay for artwork...

landonkade
03-19-2008, 11:46 PM
Quote[/b] (All Aspects Landscaping @ Mar. 19 2008,10:41)]for 250 a month... you should call them right now and line it up... *remember, youll probably have to pay for artwork...
the exposure seems good, but i didnt really know if it would be worth the money.

i was thinking of using a flyer off of here as a ad or the background of the flyer for the ad.

I am probaly going to do the ad once i get the money up

All Aspects Landscaping
03-20-2008, 12:05 AM
figure... its kinda like having an enclosed trailer that rolls around all day and stops all day at red lights and on the side of the road... if you do it... make your email or website address the biggest part of the ad... no one will remember your phone number... but they will remember a dot com... I would just do the back also.... all those people staring at that thing in traffic... honestly I think its a no brainer... remember, if you wait too long, people will have already signed with someone... you got about 2 months to get those customers locked in and have the most impact with the ad. Good luck... keep us posted

landonkade
03-20-2008, 12:25 AM
Quote[/b] (All Aspects Landscaping @ Mar. 19 2008,11:05)]figure... its kinda like having an enclosed trailer that rolls around all day and stops all day at red lights and on the side of the road... *if you do it... make your email or website address the biggest part of the ad... no one will remember your phone number... but they will remember a dot com... *I would just do the back also.... all those people staring at that thing in traffic... honestly I think its a no brainer... remember, if you wait too long, people will have already signed with someone... you got about 2 months to get those customers locked in and have the most impact with the ad. *Good luck... keep us posted
yeah i will check into it and see what all could happen. I'll give the scoop when i find out

UniversityLandscapers
03-20-2008, 12:39 AM
$250 or $125/month seems like a steal to me, although I guess your transit system isn't huge. I would definitely go for it...start with a month and see what happens.

Do they require you to sign a multi-month contract, or can you go with single months?

Steve
03-20-2008, 09:43 AM
Also I do wonder how much it would cost to create the sign. I'm sure you could find all this out with a phone call.

Steve
03-20-2008, 09:52 AM
How about this for a concept. LOL

Actually you could put this on your own truck's tailgate too and really get some attention http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif