PDA

View Full Version : marketing idea

justin_time
02-19-2008, 05:15 PM
I don't know if this would work but have some kind of promotion that your yard/lawn is not a nececity and promote it as the "Great Weekend Getaway"

Would this work ?

And would promoting a free case of beer work or is this illegal (i'm thinking of getting a 25$ gift certificate at the Beer Store)

Steve
02-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Justin,

I am sure you have a great idea here. Can you explain it more? I am trying to understand the concept.

justin_time
02-19-2008, 05:26 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Feb. 19 2008,5:20)]Justin,

I am sure you have a great idea here. Can you explain it more? I am trying to understand the concept.
Well my promotion and marketing teacher suggested me to create packages for my lawn/yard service

I was thinking of these packages name (similar how they name gas)

Standard Package
Premium Package
Ultimate Package but have it renamed to some Great Weekend Getaway package. (I got alot of tourist.. so maybe that could attract them)...

I hope this clears it a bit

Steve
02-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Quote[/b] ]I don't know if this would work but have some kind of promotion that your yard/lawn is not a nececity and promote it as the "Great Weekend Getaway"

Would this work ?

And would promoting a free case of beer work or is this illegal (i'm thinking of getting a 25$ gift certificate at the Beer Store)

Ok, I am the consumer, reading this in possibly a flyer?

The Great Weekend Getaway I am guessing is a lawn care package that includes certain services? It is your premium package? What would it include?

If I signed up for it, for a year? Then I would get the service plus "a 25$ gift certificate at the Beer Store"
?

justin_time
02-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Feb. 19 2008,5:30)]Quote[/b] ]I don't know if this would work but have some kind of promotion that your yard/lawn is not a nececity and promote it as the "Great Weekend Getaway"

Would this work ?

Ok, I am the consumer, reading this in possibly a flyer?

The Great Weekend Getaway I am guessing is a lawn care package that includes certain services? It is your premium package? What would it include?

If I signed up for it, for a year? Then I would get the service plus "a 25$ gift certificate at the Beer Store"
?
Yeah something like that

Premium service would probalby just the basic mowing trim and edge...

Super service would probably be mowing.. trim edge.. blow.. fertilize..

And maybe Ultra (if you guys have a better name.. go ahead.. I can't think right now)..

Ultra would probably be the big one... mow trim.. blow.. aerate detatche.. spring and fall cleanup

Any toughts ?

Steve
02-19-2008, 05:40 PM
I really like the name "The Great Weekend Getaway."

It makes you think you will have the weekend to just sit back and enjoy without having to do any yard work.

I do like that as your premium package.

I would next suggest come up with what the other packages would include. Which services would be in each.

That should narrow this idea down even more.

justin_time
02-19-2008, 06:04 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Feb. 19 2008,5:40)]I really like the name "The Great Weekend Getaway."

It makes you think you will have the weekend to just sit back and enjoy without having to do any yard work.
That is exactly what I want to do !!!

Steve
02-19-2008, 08:55 PM
You should come up with a flyer or door hanger now and get a picture of someone sitting on a chair with a beer in their hand http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif Enjoying the day!

justin_time
02-19-2008, 10:03 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Feb. 19 2008,8:55)]You should come up with a flyer or door hanger now and get a picture of someone sitting on a chair with a beer in their hand http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif Enjoying the day!
I was just thinking about that

FourSeasons
02-20-2008, 11:18 AM
I wouldn't use the alcohol as a promotion. I know people like to drink and be out in there yards but I would use something else.

Maybe a gift certificate for some meat for barbequeing outside with the family or something.
Let them buy their own beer.
Not everyone is a drinker. Some people are recovering alcoholics and or might have lost someone due to a alcohol related incident. And wouldn't want anything to do with you possibly because of it. There is actually people out there like this.

I was actually thinking of promoting my business as alcohol and drug free. I don't drink or use drugs and niether does my employee that I have during the season.

Anyways just giving you my thoughts.

Steve
02-20-2008, 01:27 PM
That is a good idea! You could put together a package they could get. Like hamburgers, soda, chips, etc.

Fernando's CleanCut!
02-21-2008, 08:02 PM
I LOVE this post!
Really great Ideas here Justin!

... I would say something like this:

"Ok... I would like to introduce to you (the customer) the packages that I have to offer.
Premiun: blah blah blah... (basic)
Super: Blah blah blah PLUS Fertilizerand Weed Control for just $$ more!
Ultra: or what I like to call it: "The Weekend Getaway" consist in the "Super Package" plus! Hedge trimming, Palm Trimming, Shrub etc, etc. so you dont have to move a Finger -or- have to spend your hole weekend** to have the best lawn in the neighborhood. For just $$ a Month!

...So you can choose your custom Lawn Care Service!

**-I guess the prices beteewn the packages can vary on the size and/or how big are the hedges/trees/shrubs etc.

I got this Idea when I bought my truck from a dealer, this guy was very good, telling me how much money Im going to save If I get the extended warranty and this and that!

what do you think?

justin_time
02-22-2008, 09:57 AM
Quote[/b] (Fernando's CleanCut! @ Feb. 21 2008,8:02)]Palm Trimming
Palm Trimming... I'm not in Florida here hahahaa

Other than that I know these "packages" can become a good marketing idea

Steve
02-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Justin,

Let us know how this project works out for you at school.

biggtw71
02-26-2008, 08:54 PM
hey,
i am doing one right that says:::

GET A JUMP START ON YOUR NIEGHBOR THIS SEASON!
LAWN SERVICE AT ITS BEST!

Steve
02-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Hi biggtw71,

Welcome to our forum!

Is this a flyer or a door hanger? Or how are you marketing this campaign?

Coyote1025
03-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Stay away from the free beer. It conjurs up images of an drunk. Maybe offer a bag of charoal.

All Aspects Landscaping
03-17-2008, 07:30 PM
are you going to be doing this all in one weekend??? Just a thought that you might wanna have some fine print

F3Nelson
03-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Quote[/b] (FourSeasons @ Feb. 20 2008,11:18)]I wouldn't use the alcohol as a promotion. I know people like to drink and be out in there yards but I would use something else.

Maybe a gift certificate for some meat for barbequeing outside with the family or something.
Not everyone is a drinker. Some people are recovering alcoholics and or might have lost someone due to a alcohol related incident. And wouldn't want anything to do with you possibly because of it. There is actually people out there like this.

I was actually thinking of promoting my business as alcohol and drug free. I don't drink or use drugs and niether does my employee that I have during the season.

I could NOT agree anymore with this thought, leave the alchol out of the picture completely!!!

I LOVE my beer, but probably wouldnt go for that idea, just my opinion http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

justin_time
03-17-2008, 10:29 PM
Quote[/b] (F3Nelson @ Mar. 17 2008,7:17)]Quote[/b] (FourSeasons @ Feb. 20 2008,11:18)]I wouldn't use the alcohol as a promotion. I know people like to drink and be out in there yards but I would use something else.

I could NOT agree anymore with this thought, leave the alchol out of the picture completely!!!

I LOVE my beer, but probably wouldnt go for that idea, just my opinion * *http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif
I know promoting alcohol is not good but I just tought it was a good marketing idea. I know the free case of beer.. but I would probably get a gift certificate at the Beer store...

It was a just a marketing idea... haha.. not my fault I get these brain farts

Steve
03-18-2008, 08:02 AM
You are being creative and that is a good thing. You never know when you might hit on something! So keep being creative!