PDA

View Full Version : Classic green scam, a marketing ploy

Steve
03-01-2008, 05:49 PM
Talk about great free publicity. I love this article! Great great stuff. How awesome is it that this author is writing an article about this lawn care business and calling their marketing position a classic green scam and a marketing ploy! HAHAHA

That is awesome! He is helping to turn a lot more readers on to this lawn care business and good for them.

"This is a classic green scam, a marketing ploy to differentiate this lawn service firm from its competitors." Of course it is! And it's working! Thanks for pointing out the obvious and giving them more free publicity!

If you owned this lawn care business the author was talking about, how would you feel about reading this article about your company? Is it helpful or not?

Green Scamming - Classic green scam, a marketing ploy (http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/2079) - There is an impolite term for what this “environmentally friendly lawn service” is offering. Hiring them means you are going to be paying more for the privilege of knowing they are using “clean electric mowers, edgers and blowers” as well as “biodiesel powered trucks and mobile solar panels used to charge equipment in the field.”

Anyone who seriously thinks that the act of having one’s lawn mowed or hedges clipped has anything to do with saving the world from global warming deserves to pay as much as these guys can get.

This is a classic green scam, a marketing ploy to differentiate this lawn service firm from its competitors.

Little's
03-01-2008, 10:52 PM
I dont think his article could hurt a company. Anyone who would hire a "greener" company is going to do it for their own personal benefit and would care less about what this guy thinks. They would hire them just for the little peace of mind they they could be helping in some sort of way. The same person who owns a Prius. BTW, did you know that the Prius vs. child death rate is growing to be one of the highest? Kids cant here them.

Coyote1025
03-13-2008, 05:38 PM
The guy who wrote this article is only slightly more than half insane. My guess is he don't understand marketing basics. This guy also seems to have a unnatural hatred of solar power. It is a little difficult to understand the rantings of a mad man but I think he just used the lawn care companies ad as an excuse to bash solar energy. This is some what irresposible considering the lawn company did nothing wrong. I dont think this will hurt business. The type of person that would read this guys article is not the type that would choose a lawncare company based on enviromental concerns.

Steve
03-14-2008, 03:24 AM
It makes you wonder if there is truth to the old saying 'there is no such thing as bad publicity.'

Quote[/b] ]BTW, did you know that the Prius vs. child death rate is growing to be one of the highest? Kids cant here them.
WOW! I had no idea but that makes sense. I wonder if one day the federal government is going to require some kind of fake engine running sound to be played through speakers as a car is driving!

UniversityLandscapers
03-14-2008, 02:15 PM
Maybe this guy is one of the supporters for the "clean coal" advertising campaign going around...last time I checked coal was the dirtiest source of energy out there.

I also noticed by reading this guy's bio that he's a crazy right wing nutjob who's website states: "the good news is, the bad knews is WRONG"

Anxiety Center (http://www.anxietycenter.com/)

Coyote1025
03-17-2008, 05:20 PM
My father is a right wing nut, much like this guy. I think his brain is broke. My dad bought some land a few years ago and I told him the consider geo thermal heating and cooling. He went off. His reaction was just as bad as when my brother came out of the closet. He accused me of being everything from a tree hugger to a liberal. Antother time he over heard my brother and I talking about solar landscaping lights. He went off again. In defense of all the right wingers on this forum I must say that the left wing nuts are just as bad.

UniversityLandscapers
03-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Quote[/b] (Coyote1025 @ Mar. 17 2008,4:20)]In defense of all the right wingers on this forum I must say that the left wing nuts are just as bad.
Haha...I have to agree; we have a few too many of those where I come from.

Kinda funny that he's afraid of alternative energy sources though. I have to agree with him about the solar landscaping lights though, they're terrible. lol http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif