PDA

View Full Version : Sears mower ad

Steve
03-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Do you think this new marketing campaign from Sears is going to get more customers to walk through their doors? Does the concept of the Alpha Neighbor make you want to buy their lawn mowers?

musician/lawnman
03-04-2008, 04:38 PM
It's playing on the ole' keeping up with jones' concept. I'd don't think it will do all that much for them. There will be some meatheads that run out & buy but I don't think it'll be taking over majority marketshare any time soon! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

layla17
03-05-2008, 09:37 AM
It doesn't really appeal to me. It's too materialistic for my liking.

Coyote1025
03-10-2008, 06:48 PM
I think the target market of this ad is to the guys who's wife, children and dog rule the house. At work he doesn't fare much better. This ad isn't about keeping up with anyone its about the having control over something in a life were a person dont control much. This ad wont work for me, it would for my step dad. He buys into these types of ads.

Steve
03-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Coyote1025 that was a very interesting reflection on the advertisement! Nice work and welcome to our forum!

justin_time
03-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Mar. 04 2008,5:31)]Do you think this new marketing campaign from Sears is going to get more customers to walk through their doors? Does the concept of the Alpha Neighbor make you want to buy their lawn mowers?
Nope because I only choose a brand that I know and trust really...