PDA

View Full Version : Are you advertising with search engines?

Steve
01-22-2008, 04:48 AM
I saw this ad appear in Richard's Blog and thought it was pretty neat! I haven't seen any other lawn care businesses advertise with full color graphic banners yet.

Have you considered doing this?

What's your view?

UniversityLandscapers
03-05-2008, 02:20 AM
Although it's not entirely on the same lines, my company uses Google to draw in almost all of our customers, both for landscape maintenance and installation. Google offers a variety of ad programs, both a targeted advertising (as we see here on the Gopher forums) and through preferred search results.

We are one of the only companies in Vancouver, BC that offer a detailed website, and with Google, we pay to be a "sponsored" result, so we appear in the sidebar for all searches related to a number of selected keywords. It's a great tool, especially since people look for everything on Google these days.

Steve
03-05-2008, 05:06 AM
Hi Dave,

Quote[/b] ]We are one of the only companies in Vancouver, BC that offer a detailed website

Can you tell me a little bit more what you mean by a detailed website?

layla17
03-05-2008, 10:44 AM
I don't have a website yet, but I advertise through the Yellow Pages online, which is supposed to help me.

UniversityLandscapers
03-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Most of the websites I've come across are just a single page with a logo, phone number, and e-mail address.

Our site includes a little background info on the company, photos of some work, and a description of what we do. Also, some years we've had a page with photos and a little info about the employees.

http://www.universitylandscapers.com

ritchiem
03-05-2008, 12:56 PM
I have been seeing a lot of interesting ads coming through lately.

Also I have been getting a lot of product ads for The Lawn News...not too sure how it really works but the quality of the ads have been getting better.