PDA

View Full Version : Coupons

EmGr
02-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Does anyone have any sample coupons that they use to drum up some new business? Such as " Refer us to a friend and get a free mowing" I would appreciate the help.

Steve
02-26-2008, 07:17 PM
Hi EmGr,

Would you want to use these for flyers or postcards? Do you need the wording or a graphic template?

EmGr
02-26-2008, 07:39 PM
I would just put them in with the invoices at the end of the month. I need a graphic template that I could just enter my info and print them out.

Steve
02-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Well, what you could do is take one of the free flyer templates which have coupons on them and just replace the text with your text with a graphics program.

When you make this offer, do you have any thoughts as to the following:

Will the new referred customer have to sign up for a year's worth of lawn care service?

Will they have to sign an annual contract?

When will your customer get that free mowing? At the point the new referred customer signs up or will you wait until near the end of the season to perform this?

A&Llandscape
02-26-2008, 10:48 PM
Lets see some samples of people coupons. Does anyone have any ideas on this topic?

EmGr
02-27-2008, 09:31 AM
I would probably do it when the new customer. The old customer is probably not going to quit after the free mowing because they have already been paying me. And I don't have a graphics program.

ritchiem
02-27-2008, 11:03 PM
Hello EmGr,

I can help you design a coupon for flyers and invoices...and it would be easy to edit the text within it.

Can you give me an idea on what exactly you are looking for and for what application? About what size did you want the coupon to be?

There would be a small design fee that you and I can discuss to get the job done. Let me know if you would like to move forward.

EmGr
02-28-2008, 06:06 PM
I took the advice of Team Gopher and used a flyer coupon. See if you like it. I would appreciate any constructive criticism.

EmGr
02-28-2008, 06:08 PM
That was the wrong one. Here is the right one.

EmGr
02-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Quote[/b] (EmGr @ Feb. 28 2008,6:08)]That was the wrong one. Here is the right one
I'm sorry. Once again, here is the right one.

Steve
02-28-2008, 06:26 PM
I like this alot! Here is a screen cap of it.

Then you know what else I would do, I would create another one with a different offer. Maybe have $50.00? coupon to a local restaurant? And switch them back and forth each invoice or try different offers and see which one works best. Have specific codes for each offer and track which ones worked.

You could also have a deal where you would give a free mowing to your current customer and then a free mowing to the referral customer instead of two free mowings to your customer. That could work too, but you just never know which will work best until you experiment with the offer and test it.

You could even print half of your invoices with one offer and then the other half with another offer.

Steve
02-28-2008, 08:23 PM
We were just talking tonight on the podcast about this concept. You can listen to the 2/28/08 podcast here (http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=15950).

Chestin from lawncaremarketingmagic.com said he wouldn't mix the referral offer with an invoice because paying an invoice is an unpleasant experience. He suggested it would be better if you sent out a mailer on this separately.

FourSeasons
02-28-2008, 09:28 PM
I use MS Publisher or Word to make my flyers and coupons.
They have alot of different templates on there. I usually just make up my own.
Maybe Microsoft live online or whatever its called might have some kind of program you can use.

The one you have looks good though.

Steve
02-29-2008, 03:29 PM
Justin brought this up in our podcast last night. Here is another referral idea from nutri-lawn.

Check it out and maybe it will help.

http://www.nutri-lawn.ca/ReferralForm_print2.pdf

http://www.nutri-lawn.ca/referralprogram.htm

"When you refer a friend you will receive $40 off our value-added services. In addition, we will reduce the cost of the new customer's comprehensive lawn care program by $40."

EmGr
02-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Feb. 28 2008,6:26)]I like this alot! Here is a screen cap of it.

Then you know what else I would do, I would create another one with a different offer. Maybe have $50.00? coupon to a local restaurant? And switch them back and forth each invoice or try different offers and see which one works best. Have specific codes for each offer and track which ones worked.

You could also have a deal where you would give a free mowing to your current customer and then a free mowing to the referral customer instead of two free mowings to your customer. That could work too, but you just never know which will work best until you experiment with the offer and test it.

You could even print half of your invoices with one offer and then the other half with another offer.
How exactly would you use them? Would the customer actually have to turn the coupon in? And how would you track it by codes?

Steve
02-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Quote[/b] ]How exactly would you use them? Would the customer actually have to turn the coupon in? And how would you track it by codes?

Well you could create postcards or send the offer out in a letter or put it on your website, back of your business card.

Then create a unique code for each different offer so you can track it. Put the code on the marketing material.

When someone called to redeem it you would ask them for the promotional code, where they heard of this offer from. That would allow you to see which offer worked best. Or which graphic design surrounding the offer worked best etc.

They don't have to actually turn in a coupon, but you do want to track it.

What do you think of that?

EmGr
03-04-2008, 10:16 AM
That sounds good.