PDA

View Full Version : A Fall Marketing idea

KimKriel
02-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Now I know it out of season but I just came up with an idea:

I use Speedways points (not sure if everyone has a speedway by them) but the points ad up quick so If you save enough I was thinking Send you residential customers a 10.00 gift card (7500 points) with a flyer that says something like Take this gift of gas to view the leaves as they change colors, then add your fall clean up information to the flyer. Basically it free for you and for them.
What do you think?

Steve
02-22-2008, 09:10 PM
I don't know what Speedway is or how it works. Can you explain that a little?

Also would it be helpful if you offered the card as part of your referral package? Like maybe offer it to customers who refer a friend who signs up for service?

Should you make them work a little to get the benefit of the card?

KimKriel
02-22-2008, 09:22 PM
Sppedway is a gas station that gives you points for every purchase you make (i get about 7000, in 2 mos thats during winter months)

I am not much into the referral programs, but I could give them a gas card for each referral.
So I send them out a letter offering this referral bonus, if I do it should be before spring clean up. Since leaves fell late this year alot of people didnt get their fall clean ups done in time. That would work..

Steve
02-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Well one of the things we have seen done before on here is sending out a postcard that would give the customer a $XX gift certificate for every referral they brought you.

That is one idea.

Or send out postcards or letters to new potential customers where you offer them a Speedway card if they sign up for a spring clean up, or a seasonal lawn care contract.

I love the idea of using the card. I think you can really leverage it and make your customers work for you or get new customers to sign up.

Can you give it away as a goodwill gesture to your current customers? Sure you absolutely can, but I wonder what would benefit you more?

What's your thoughts on that?