PDA

View Full Version : using myspace

kennabs
02-21-2008, 12:11 PM
For you guys who use mysapce for the business, how do u go about getting friends?

Do you just do a search or certian ages in a certian area and send friend requests?

Im working on a myspace page and was just woundering.

Thanks
Tim

Steve
02-21-2008, 12:46 PM
Hi Tim,

I do hope Matt can jump in here. He is our resident expert with this. But while you are waiting, I know he looks for friends in his area based on zip code and then an age range which would want his lawn services.

Does this help you?

kennabs
02-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Steve
yes that does help. Thanks

My next question is on my space how do you put spaces between lines.

I want to do something like this:

We offer

lawn mowing,

trimming,

something like that with the space, I just cant figure out how to do it. Anyone know??

Steve
02-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Try putting some html code in your script.

Like for instance.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

We offer:
<BR>
<BR>
lawn mowing,
<BR>
<BR>
trimming,

[/QUOTE]

Let me know if that works.

Also, what is your myspace site? I'd like to check it out and let everyone jump in to offer you some thoughts.

kennabs
02-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Steve that worked, Thanks so much.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.c....29bd377 (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=338722562&MyToken=b8400fe6-fb96-474b-bff7-5587e29bd377)

here is the link to my my space.

Steve
02-21-2008, 01:17 PM
Tim,

Have you also thought about putting your picture up there on your myspace site instead of the mower? Since it is a social network website, that might actually help you. You can put up pictures of mowers and grass and all that but you might find more success by selling you first and then your business.

What's your thoughts on that?

kennabs
02-21-2008, 01:21 PM
I was thinking of doing that. I just kinda tossed the mower up there for now tell I can get a picture up there.

Im looking for a backround for it right now.

Any other thoughts about the page?

Steve
02-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Maybe include some before and after pictures?

landonkade
02-21-2008, 06:06 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Feb. 21 2008,1:46)]Hi Tim,

I do hope Matt can jump in here. He is our resident expert with this. But while you are waiting, I know he looks for friends in his area based on zip code and then an age range which would want his lawn services.

Does this help you?
Tim,

i started using myspace a few months back. My wife has account and i watched her on how the myspace social net-working system works.

What i do when i search for people i use the zipe code area and the mile distance, and then just start adding people. The friends i have, i go though there friends list and start adding. Then each new friend i have i send them a (thanks for the add with my business name and website on it).

The bulletin area i use also to advertise

I have almost 600 friends on there now just in my area (within 5 *or 10 miles) Age range i advertise to ages 31 and above

I also post pics of my work that i do, some before and after, and some during. I have some new pics of my work that i still need to post. List my services on the main page and show pics of my work on the main page also

As you can see in the comment section people are complenting about my work, and asking me questions about there yard, so i use that as a selling point also

business wise on myspace is a (plus) for me, i have made alot of money using myspace.

The blog section i also use for do-it-yourselfers( to try to help out the home owner)

here is my myspace link http://profile.myspace.com/index.c....8504321 (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=288504321)

Steve
02-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Matt,

I love your myspace site. I was wondering what is your view of why or why you shouldn't have your picture on your myspace page instead of the rotating pictures of grass? Which do you think would work better for you?