PDA

View Full Version : Myspace Site

makbootzy
02-19-2008, 07:04 PM
Just got done making my myspaceMyspace (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=229709827)

Steve
02-19-2008, 07:35 PM
Hi Rick,

I did a screen capture so everyone can see it while we are chatting.

I think you did a great job with the color scheme and the logo! Fantastic!

Now the thing I am wondering is, why no phone #? Why no email address?

Also will you be accepting friends on here or how are planning on harnessing the power of the social networking platform that myspace is?

makbootzy
02-19-2008, 10:33 PM
Well I wanted to drive customers to my website and use myspace as just an ad.....that way I dont need to check on there for messages and stuff. I also dont like the spam on myspace.

makbootzy
02-19-2008, 10:35 PM
I will add other business users in my area though

Steve
02-19-2008, 11:37 PM
I like it and I think it will drive traffic. I think the more you interact with people on there, the more potential you have to gain more customers in your area like Matt has been doing.

You could be searching to add people in your zip code also based on age range. They all could be potential customers.

What's your thoughts on that?

landonkade
02-19-2008, 11:54 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Feb. 20 2008,12:37)]I like it and I think it will drive traffic. I think the more you interact with people on there, the more potential you have to gain more customers in your area like Matt has been doing.

You could be searching to add people in your zip code also based on age range. They all could be potential customers.

What's your thoughts on that?
My marketing on myspace is working pretty good,lol. i am slowly getting close to 600 friends. People ask me all the time about suggestions about there yard, and wanting me to service it. I post bulletins every so often, and each new friend i get i send them a banner "Thanks for the add" with my business name and website on it.

it is working for me, it can work for you if you let it

the age group i target is around 31-56

so good luck..........

Steve
02-19-2008, 11:57 PM
Matt,

Quote[/b] ]People ask me all the time about suggestions about there yard

That is awesome. What kinds of suggestions are you getting? Can you give us some examples?

landonkade
02-20-2008, 12:09 AM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Feb. 20 2008,12:57)]Matt,

Quote[/b] ]People ask me all the time about suggestions about there yard

That is awesome. What kinds of suggestions are you getting? Can you give us some examples?
they are asking me about what kind of flowers would look good for there garden, what blooms the best. Some asking about shade trees from privacy or installing a privacy fence. they have a annoying puddle of water in there yard,lol, they ask how can i keep that from happening again.

and then people asking me about servicing or installing things in there yard.

Usually they ask questions to see how much knowlege you have, and if you have what they are looking for then they let you come out and do it for them.

Steve
02-20-2008, 12:38 AM
Matt, this points out a great marketing angle for you and for Rick.

You could promote yourself as the Dothan Lawn Care Guy. If you have a question about your yard, ask me!

And then make a graphic with your picture and saying something like ask me your yard question.

Then you could take these questions and your answers and send them into the local paper. You could be a regular contributor to their paper and get your name out at the same time!

You could also include this in your blog! If you don't have one, you could create one!

What do you think of that?