PDA

View Full Version : street corner sign advertising

landonkade
02-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Steve or anyone**-i was going to see if this would be a good idea to do. A person standing at a busy intersection holding a lawn care yard sign to advertise a business

Like the person holding the sign, waves, points at the sign, and just does different movements to get attention.

Have you seen these tax places getting people out there by the road with a costume on holding a business sign to advertise a tax refund place?

something like this, what you think, think i will get the media talking,lol?: *<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Te8qXKZ1Xc&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Te8qXKZ1Xc&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Just another neat way to get business and get people to remember the name. I have never seen a lawn service do anything like this before, i could be the first,lol

that could be another seperate business also right? to advertise for businesses and such. I thought that would be a good idea

landonkade
02-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Feb. 07 2008,10:49)]Steve or anyone**-i was going to see if you can find a image(pic) with or without a costume related to lawn service. A person standing at a busy intersection holding a lawn care yard sign to advertise a business

Like the person holding the sign, waves, points at the sign, and just does different movements to get attention.

Have you seen these tax places getting people out there by the road with a costume on holding a business sign to advertise a tax refund place?

something like this, what you think, think i will get the media talking,lol?: *<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Te8qXKZ1Xc&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Te8qXKZ1Xc&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Just another neat way to get business and get people to remember the name.

that could be another seperate business also right? to advertise for businesses and such. I thought that would be a good idea
I'll answer my own post since no one else is.......

Hey Matt,

Yes that does seem like a good idea. Look forward to you trying it out and seeing what the results are.

It could be another business also, great attention getter and looks fun.

pmblair
02-08-2008, 12:43 AM
Hey Matt!

It does look like a pretty good idea! Maybe get a couple of high school kids (cheerleaders?) to go out there and hold up those signs for like $6 an hour... do it for a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon on a BUSY intersection...

The only problem is it's an unknown... I'd try it a couple of days and try not to go over about $50 spent... depending on the ROI (Return On Investment) I might try it again...

You could even theme it... like in the spring, advertise the mowing and such... the fall, advertise fall clean-ups and halloween decorations... and the winter, advertise holiday lighting...

All in all, it's definately worth trying! I bet Tony at AMW could come up with some good signs for a business, too!

landonkade
02-08-2008, 12:48 AM
Quote[/b] (pmblair @ Feb. 08 2008,12:43)]Hey Matt!

It does look like a pretty good idea! *Maybe get a couple of high school kids (cheerleaders?) to go out there and hold up those signs for like $6 an hour... do it for a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon on a BUSY intersection...

The only problem is it's an unknown... I'd try it a couple of days and try not to go over about $50 spent... depending on the ROI (Return On Investment) I might try it again...

You could even theme it... like in the spring, advertise the mowing and such... the fall, advertise fall clean-ups and halloween decorations... and the winter, advertise holiday lighting...

All in all, it's definately worth trying! *I bet Tony at AMW could come up with some good signs for a business, too!
yeah i was probaly going to try it myself, and a friend of mine, so there would be no labor cost. Just to see how it does

landonkade
02-08-2008, 10:04 AM
Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Feb. 07 2008,10:49)]Steve or anyone**-i was going to see if this would be a good idea to do. A person standing at a busy intersection holding a lawn care yard sign to advertise a business

Just another neat way to get business and get people to remember the name. I have never seen a lawn service do anything like this before, i could be the first,lol

anyone with any input?

Steve
02-08-2008, 05:03 PM
I think if you mixed this with some kind of costume LOL then you would have something. If you do this and you are outrageous then it is a good chance you could get some media attention and drivers attention.

Do you have any thoughts on a spot where you could do this and what time you would like to do it at?

Would you wear a costume? If so what would you wear?

Also what would you put on your sign?

landonkade
02-09-2008, 01:10 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Feb. 08 2008,5:03)]I think if you mixed this with some kind of costume LOL then you would have something. If you do this and you are outrageous then it is a good chance you could get some media attention and drivers attention.

Do you have any thoughts on a spot where you could do this and what time you would like to do it at?

Would you wear a costume? If so what would you wear?

Also what would you put on your sign?
steve,

Since spring is near i thought about, this below

i am going to post this on the myspace bulletin with the 500 + friends i have, a question and telling them i or we here at J & M Lawn Care will be doing the corner advertising here real soon to look at for us.

i have ask a few people and they said go for it. Some say let me knwo when you are going to do it so i can see it,lol. Some have said it will be a good attention getter.

Not sure on the costume part or not, maybe a costume place here will have something related to lawn care.

I think it will be fun, and people would tell other people" o i seen the i guy dancing on the corner advertising for J & M Lawn Care"

the places we would do it at would be 4 way intersections, and probaly the main intersections also

If you go to my myspace and look into the section it says "ways i am advertising there is a trailot sign in there" that is what i am going to use.

The sign says: J & M Lawn Care 334-618-1916( in big letters)

maybe i will film it and put it on here,lol

Steve
02-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Matt,

Have you downloaded skype.com yet? I want to talk about this in an upcoming podcast.

Here is another idea. Have a box or a bowl or something and have people fill out a form and submit their information for a free dinner at a local restaurant or something like that. Then you can tell everyone on myspace to stop by and win a free dinner. With all of their contact information then you have a mailing list of people and ask them for their email and you can send them out mailings/emails in the future to promote your services.

You could also do something where you tell them to stop by and take a picture with you. If they put their picture up on their myspace site and you see it, they could win a free dinner too. That way they are putting up a picture with you and them holding the sign which would be great advertising for your business on their myspace pages as well. You would reach out to more people.

If you want to go even crazier. Make a promotion where you are going to be dancing on the corner to raise money for your favorite charity. Have people stop by and make a donation. Call it Dancing for a Cure. Then donate the money to some kind of charity in your area. Send out a press release to the local paper about this.

I do think it would be more eye catching, funnier and more memorable if you wore some kind of outfit! LOL How about a cupid outfit and you could be promoting your valentines day lawn care special!

NDALandscape
02-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Here is my input on it. Im no sure how effective it will be for a landscaper to advertise like this. I can see it being more effective for a walk-in type of business; such as a supermarket, clothing store, hardware store, ect...

I would take a different aproach than just sitting on a corner with a sign. I would go out and sponser one of the car washes that the highschools may put on. Offer to buy all of there supplies. In exchange, with every car was done. They hand out a flyer with coupons along with your business card.

Just an idea, not sure if it helps.

Steve
02-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Nicholas,

That is an awesome idea! Maybe you could even get a banner made up to help promote it. The banner could be generic and it could say something like Car Wash Fundraiser - sponsored by joeslawncare.com.

You could also create some generic flyers that you could give to the local organizations that would help them promote the event!

landonkade
02-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Quote[/b] (NDALandscape @ Feb. 12 2008,12:00)]Here is my input on it. Im no sure how effective it will be for a landscaper to advertise like this. I can see it being more effective for a walk-in type of business; such as a supermarket, clothing store, hardware store, ect... *

I would take a different aproach than just sitting on a corner with a sign. I would go out and sponser one of the car washes that the highschools may put on. Offer to buy all of there supplies. In exchange, with every car was done. They hand out a flyer with coupons along with your business card.

Just an idea, not sure if it helps.
i also had thought about sponsoring events and such, doing car washes. I have been talking to a lady on myspace(one of my top friends called DOTHAN) that stays up to date on things like that for our city. i probaly am geting to meet up with her today and chat with her.

She had mentioned BBQ festivals and all, raising money for charitys, red cross, and more. Also i could have my business name on back of t-shirts with other sponsors of who sponsored the events.

Steve
02-12-2008, 02:36 PM
Matt,

Great ideas! This makes me think of a discussion we had a little while ago on how you could make your own bbq grills like out of barrels and allow civic groups to borrow them from you. Of course you would have your advertising all over it.

Here is the post on it. (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=8;t=5836;st=0;&#entry25502)

http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/uploads/post-8-54898-bbq_trailer.jpg

Steve
02-12-2008, 07:01 PM
Another thing you could do to promote that you offer the service of sponsoring a car wash to raise money is to have a page on your forum where you show what you offer in a car wash sponsorship and then have a way for people to contact you to get the sponsorship. Also you could have a section that shows the pictures of previous events you helped sponsor and then have this in your news section as well.

You could also contact the paper about these events to get more people.

You could also create lawn signs that promote the car wash that also have your business name on them and your website.

landonkade
02-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Feb. 12 2008,7:01)]Another thing you could do to promote that you offer the service of sponsoring a car wash to raise money is to have a page on your forum where you show what you offer in a car wash sponsorship and then have a way for people to contact you to get the sponsorship. Also you could have a section that shows the pictures of previous events you helped sponsor and then have this in your news section as well.

You could also contact the paper about these events to get more people.

You could also create lawn signs that promote the car wash that also have your business name on them and your website.
yeah i went to that place i was talking about and talked to the lady for a little while. She had said if i dont want to spend money on sponsorships, that i could go to the red cross.

Yeah i could have article like before the event happends and whats included in the event, how much to donate, where the event takes places, time, and such. Then after the post pics and all on there as proof, and show i was helping out.

I told the lady that i want to help raise money for charitys and orgainizations, she said that is a great thing to do. Not other then you are helping out but also getting exposure at the same time. She said for festivals thousands of people show up, and i could give flyers and cards out.

I got information from her(a booklet) and i am going to look over everything

she does festicals, tradeshows, community events, fundraisers, event planning, sponsorships, promotions, publicity, and much more

Steve
02-12-2008, 09:19 PM
Quote[/b] ]yeah i went to that place i was talking about and talked to the lady for a little while.

I am sorry, which place did you go to?

This thread kinda got messed up with a couple of ideas.

And to mess it up further, I had yet another idea for Fernando and his political campaign marketing idea.

I think you should also have on your website and your flyers or door hangers, "I will buy your vote." Then say something like, vote for me as your lawn care service provider and I will give you two free dinners to Olive Garden with an annual lawn care contract. Or maybe give two free mowings at the end of the season. I think you will need an inducement to get them to jump on your offer. Then you will need a limited time to get them to act quickly.

You can always change the date in the future but this should get them to jump on the offer.