PDA

View Full Version : Holiday gift cards?

Steve
10-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Did you know you can get gift cards custom printed for your business? What if you got a bunch printed that offered $10 off a bill of over $25.

You could hand these out to friends and customers in the area. They could then use them as gifts to hand out to their friends and family in the area.

Could this help you reach out to more people in your area?

You could also do higher gift card amounts for higher purchase amounts. Maybe have $25 gift card for use with any purchases over $100?

moseley creek
10-17-2007, 04:39 PM
I did something similar last Christmas. Coupons verses a gift card thought. It really did go over well. I think there were probably a handful of customers that signed contracts and the rest just used the coupon.

Steve
10-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Any thoughts on what you might do this year as far as gift cards / coupons go?

I did a quick search and you can get
QUANTITY
250 $109.95
500 $186.91
750 $255.63
1000 $307.86
from here http://www.duracard.com/pricing.htm

But I bet you could find better prices too elsewhere.

Now maybe this could get you thinking! It might be worth doing this! Maybe have a spot to write in the expiration date so you can change it as needed.

Clean Lawn
10-20-2007, 09:43 PM
I was thinking about something like this not long ago and was going to ask what everyone thought about it too. I thought I did say it once but kind of left it alone. Even for small businesses like mine that are just starting out I think it could be a good incentive for new customers.

Steve
10-20-2007, 09:49 PM
What would you put on your card?

KimKriel
10-22-2007, 05:16 PM
I liked this idea and wanted to try it out but I like the cheapest way so I used vista print free business cards and designed my own gift card, am planning on putting them in our thanksgiving cards (too many people receive xmas cards so I choose a different holiday to stick out) with extras for customers to share with friends.

Steve
10-22-2007, 06:31 PM
Can we see what you created?

Clean Lawn
10-23-2007, 12:18 AM
I thought about marketing as "the gift that every homeowner could use this season, lawn service and landscaping". Then create $25.00, $50.00 or even $100.00 gift cards. I would of put them at the restaurant and or comic store but I did put fliers and business cards there and got nothing from them. The flier was a receive your 4th lawn service for free with a yearly lawn service contract with no bites at all.
I even posted on some of my craigslist posts that my lawn service business is "deaf friendly". The thought of going back to school to get an interpreter associate degree to show how "deaf friendly" the business could be and even showing my husband and our partner some basicly signing was a thought too.

SerranoLandscaping
10-23-2007, 12:29 AM
Quote[/b] ]I even posted on some of my craigslist posts that my lawn service business is "deaf friendly". The thought of going back to school to get an interpreter associate degree to show how "deaf friendly" the business could be and even showing my husband and our partner some basicly signing was a thought too.

Craiglist for me is doing very well. Im getting alot of fall clean up work.
Picked up 2 more customers for next year and 4 fall clean up jobs.

Here check my ad on craigslist.

http://allentown.craigslist.org/hss/456932241.html

quickcleanlawn
10-23-2007, 06:47 AM
Quote[/b] (SerranoLandscaping @ Oct. 23 2007,1:29)]Quote[/b] ]I even posted on some of my craigslist posts that my lawn service business is "deaf friendly". The thought of going back to school to get an interpreter associate degree to show how "deaf friendly" the business could be and even showing my husband and our partner some basicly signing was a thought too.

Craiglist for me is doing very well. Im getting alot of fall clean up work.
Picked up 2 more customers for next year and 4 fall clean up jobs.

Here check my ad on craigslist.

http://allentown.craigslist.org/hss/456932241.html
nice add.
how do you post images on craigslist ?

Clean Lawn
10-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Every customer that I have to date has come from craigslist. I recently received a request from another property manager regarding rental properties. This is the third one that has asked me for a estimate and if I would be interested in this line of work for my lawn care business. Are there companies that don't do rental properties or residential properties? I don't understand a company refusing work but maybe its just me. :blush:

Steve
10-23-2007, 05:29 PM
That is good news!

Steve
01-21-2008, 04:23 AM
You could set it up on your site to order these cards as gifts and use paypal to accept online payment, if you don't accept credit cards.