PDA

View Full Version : Hi Gopher Community!

mowboy
04-05-2005, 01:19 AM
Hi Gopher Community!

This is my first (hopefully of many) posts and I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Joel LaRusic and I started in the green industry over15 years ago... and am still serving it with passion. :-) I have just finished writing a book Start and Run a Landscape Business - that covers much of what I have learnt in those eventful years. It is due to be released later this month. The Gopher Team has been kind enough to allow me to plug my book here and I would like to return the favor by participating in some of the fantastic programs that Gopher has going here, for example the Head Start Program.

My book is all about the landscape maintenance business. It is geared towards helping new companies get started but honestly, the abundant tips and tricks in the book would make it valuable for more seasoned companies too. We cover all areas of the business. I have attached here a document called 'Top Ten Tips for Starting a Landscape Maintenance Business'. It touches on some, but not all, of the topics that the book expands on. You can learn more about the book, and purchase it (very soon!) at my website: www.mowboy.com. If you prefer you can also buy the book at amazon.com in the States, at chapters.ca in Canada, or at your local bookstore.

So, I am looking forward meeting many of you in the weeks and months to come and hearing some of your questions about this great business. See you online!

Steve
04-05-2005, 09:27 AM
Hi mowboy,

Thanks for joining our forum. For a little while now we have been collecting ideas on how to get new customer (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=1268). Do you have any suggestions as far as that goes?