PDA

View Full Version : Guerilla Marketing

FourSeasons
12-31-2007, 10:57 PM
I am considering trading in my car soon and was doing some research on the web and I came across this site.

www.daveramsey.com

what a great site with lots of good info. I've been listening to the archives and have picked up some valuable info. He covers everything in his show even small business topics.
He recommened these books to a small business owner that was 250,000 in debt and wanting to close his business after 3 years. He said this was a great book to help get revenues up.

Guerilla Marketing

http://www.gmarketing.com/
is the site.

also recommened the e-myth by gerber

just thought I'd put this out there. I would recommend listening to the show. It is very informative. Touches on alot of real life finacial situations

i'm listening to the dec. 31st show. check it out.

Steve
01-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Thank you for the find! I have read both of those books and they both were great.

What in that site stood out to you? What was something new you hadn't known?

FourSeasons
01-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Quote[/b] ]Thank you for the find! I have read both of those books and they both were great.

What in that site stood out to you? What was something new you hadn't known?

I didn't go thru the site to much. I just started listening to the show.
One thing that did stand out was the Baby Steps program to get out of debt which i think is probably similar to John Commuta's transforming debt into wealth program.

How was guerilla marketing? I went to the bookstore today to get it but they were out of it.

Steve
01-02-2008, 01:52 AM
Quote[/b] ]How was guerilla marketing? I went to the bookstore today to get it but they were out of it.

What I like about the Guerrilla Marketing books is that they give you creative ideas on how to use your time to market your business. As an example, you can give lectures about your specialty to local home owner groups.

If you don't have much money to market your business it teaches you how you can use your time.

This series is especially good for businesses that are running on a shoe string budget.

Once you get the book, I would be interested in seeing what stood out to you.

FourSeasons
01-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Steve-
I went to the book store today and got two books.
The 12 cliches of selling ( and why they work ) by Barry Farber
and
Startup Guide to Guerilla Marketing. A simple battle plan for first time marketers. by Jay Levinson.
There was a few Guerilla Marketing books to choose from. Another one that looked good was Guerilla Publicity or something like that.

I saw a bunch of books I wanted but It takes me a long time to read books. I have to go over some sections a few times to retain what I read.