PDA

View Full Version : Letter carrier provides free lawn mowing

Steve
12-19-2007, 08:11 AM
Now I am not sure if Eric charges anything or not for his services but it is a great example of how a good deed can bring you quite a bit of attention.

I am sure many more people will now know of Eric for what he has done to help his community.

Does this get you thinking?

Could you offer to clear the pathway of snow for an elderly neighbor(s) and then let the newspaper know of what you are doing?

Letter carrier provides free lawn mowing (http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/157053.html) - A letter carrier in St. Petersburg, Fla., spends much of his off-hours on his route, mowing lawns for elderly and disabled residents.

"It's just my little way of making a difference," Eric Wills told the Tampa (Fla.) Tribune.

Wills now takes care of about 15 yards on his route and has a homemade trailer with a sign that says "Lawns for the Lord."

http://media.lvrj.com/images/1692901.jpg

realhuntin
12-21-2007, 10:56 PM
Very good artical.
Think he is looking for a retirment job?
I think he is doing a very nice thing. On garbage night my son or I take the cans to the curb for our neighbors next door, he rides in one of those scooter things and she walks good but the cans are to heavy for her, I stated this when I noticed she had the cans in a little wagon and the wagon turned over dumping the can and garbage everwhere, I helped her clean it up and started doing this the next week I went over and just did it. She came out and was so thankful, she makes cookies for the kids sometimes. Her son came over last week and knocked on the door and thanked me for helping, he offered some money and I told him NO WAY I was just being neighborly. He (the son) hired us to do all the lawn care, muching, hedge trimming, leaf clean up and gutter cleaning for next year. Fun how a good deed for a neighbor turns into something.

pmblair
12-21-2007, 11:27 PM
Wow, Tim... I wish I had you for a neighbor... a lot of people in my neighborhood would just watch you dump trash all over the lawn, then watch as you clean it up... doesn't matter if you're 8 or 80....

I'm the same way you are, Tim... I'll go WAY out of my way to help someone. It's just the right thing to do, I feel.

Steve
12-22-2007, 08:56 AM
That is a great story Tim.

I think there is a bunch of good things going on here. One of the things I think we all need to keep in mind is when you run a business, it's a lot like running for office. You gotta be out there. You gotta be looking for ways to look good and present yourself in a positive light.

Ultimately when you are able to do this, you do good for society and ideally you are also doing good for yourself.