PDA

View Full Version : Bad public relations

Steve
12-18-2007, 12:00 PM
When I saw this article, the first thing I wondered was, could something have been done to keep this problem from blowing up the way it did?

What's your view on this?

Lawn care dispute blossoms (http://www.kansascity.com/living/columnists/angela_d_curry/story/400674.html) - In September 2006 I contacted TruGreen ChemLawn for help with some bae spots on my lawn. The initial cost was $420 for the front yard only. I paid an additional $51.61 Oct. 8 and again Nov. 10, 2006.

On Nov. 6 I called regarding the still-existing bare spots. I called again Feb. 10, Feb. 19 and March 2, with no reply. On March 13 I sent a letter to the area manager requesting a refund for my last application per the company’s guarantee. I have not received a reply or refund.

realhuntin
12-19-2007, 12:11 AM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 18 2007,1:00)]When I saw this article, the first thing I wondered was, could something have been done to keep this problem from blowing up the way it did?

What's your view on this?

Lawn care dispute blossoms (http://www.kansascity.com/living/columnists/angela_d_curry/story/400674.html) - In September 2006 I contacted TruGreen ChemLawn for help with some bae spots on my lawn. The initial cost was $420 for the front yard only. I paid an additional $51.61 Oct. 8 and again Nov. 10, 2006.

On Nov. 6 I called regarding the still-existing bare spots. I called again Feb. 10, Feb. 19 and March 2, with no reply. On March 13 I sent a letter to the area manager requesting a refund for my last application per the company’s guarantee. I have not received a reply or refund.
not the first issues like this I have heard about from TruGreen. Like I stated in a pervious post I have taken 3 of their cutomers so far this past week for issies like this and 1 from scott's. So it dosn't suprise me at all sence when I was working on the Big Patio job truGreen showed up one day, got out of the truck waked to the front door left a door hanger invoice for services performed that day stating they treated 3600 sq ft of lawn. I laught at this so much because we had the whole back yard tore up! There wan't anything to treat.

Long story short the home owner called and got 1/2 is annual contract payment reimburst to them, because of doubt.

Steve
12-19-2007, 02:39 AM
What is your view then why they handle these things so badly? Why does it seem they don't care?