View Full Version : Offer coupons ?

justin_time
12-08-2007, 04:44 PM
I'm currently offering coupons..

Just want opinions on that

Steve
12-08-2007, 05:39 PM
I made a screen capture of the image.

One question I had was do you offer the 15% on every cut or is that the first cut or how does that work?

justin_time
12-09-2007, 03:48 PM
15% on your contract when you sign up with me for 6 to 8 months... (Depends how early season ends).. That's why I named it Yearly contract

10% off every cut when you refer someone

If you zoom in.. you'll see the fine print

Steve
12-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Have you noticed it has helped you land more annual contracts?

justin_time
12-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 09 2007,6:37)]Have you noticed it has helped you land more annual contracts?
Not yet since we currently have 3 feet of snow up here and nobody is thinking about grass right now haha

Hopefully next seaon (in April) will have all my customers on contracts.

I don't want to scare them away either

Steve
12-09-2007, 10:11 PM
From what I have seen in the past, I haven't seen any 15% discounts. I think most have been about 10%.

In fact some lawn care operators only offer a discount if the entire year is prepaid.

justin_time
12-09-2007, 10:14 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 09 2007,11:11)]From what I have seen in the past, I haven't seen any 15% discounts. I think most have been about 10%.

In fact some lawn care operators only offer a discount if the entire year is prepaid.
That's perfect...

Gonna go change my coupons now

Steve
12-09-2007, 10:23 PM
You know another thing you could consider doing is this.

Create two flyers and change one element between them.

For example, have one maybe offer 15% and the other offer 10%. Distribute them out in equal numbers. See which one gets the best response.

Then you can repeat the process and this time change another element. Maybe change the flyer color and see which one brings the best results.

caseyshields
12-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 09 2007,11:23)]You know another thing you could consider doing is this.

Create two flyers and change one element between them.

For example, have one maybe offer 15% and the other offer 10%. Distribute them out in equal numbers. See which one gets the best response.

Then you can repeat the process and this time change another element. Maybe change the flyer color and see which one brings the best results.
Those are good ideas to see what works! You must be constantly thinking about marketing. I'm glad you do. You come up with some original thinking.

realhuntin
12-12-2007, 12:31 AM
Quote[/b] (justin_time @ Dec. 09 2007,11:14)]Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 09 2007,11:11)]From what I have seen in the past, I haven't seen any 15% discounts. I think most have been about 10%.

That's perfect...

Gonna go change my coupons now
We pasted out 15% discount coupons to all exisiting customer as Christmas Card stuffers. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens with them, they where for any addtional service not exisiting service, so maybe that would incurage them to use more of our services.

Steve
12-12-2007, 02:52 AM
Quote[/b] ]We pasted out 15% discount coupons to all exisiting customer as Christmas Card stuffers. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens with them, they where for any addtional service not exisiting service, so maybe that would incurage them to use more of our services.

Did they have an expiration date or promote any specific services or how did you word it?

LawncareMarketingMagic
12-13-2007, 11:17 PM
As I've said many times, you want to CONSTANTLY be presenting your existing customers with new offers and sending them coupons for upsell services is a great way to do this.

As Steve alluded to, you should include some type of expiration date or other way to create some urgency with the coupon. Try out different offers for different services and test different elements. Keep track of what works each month and make small incremental changes from month to month.

Eventually, you'll settle on a KILLER coupon/offer/deadline combination that pulls a consistent response every single time you send it. When you reach that point,that when you have a tool you can use to CONSISTENTLY grow your business.