PDA

View Full Version : Risk Free Guarantee

Steve
12-11-2007, 07:43 AM
I was thumbing through a Runner's World magazine and saw this ad they made to promote the distribution of their magazine.

I thought this was a really neat offer. If I owned a running store I would sign up for this because what do I have to lose plus, it's one more product I could sell and it changes monthly, so I could hope it would bring customers back monthly to purchase.

What do you think of this offer and is there a way you could offer a risk free guarantee in a product or service you would like to sell?

realhuntin
12-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Steve good post topic,

I did somthing silular to this with a alram company, we offered 1 hour service guarantee pledge to all customers, this ment we would perform any service call in 1 hour or less, cutomer would never have to pay for more than 1 hour of labor for service on any service call due to equipment failure, acts of god and physical damage does not apply. This worked very well as a sales tool.

As far as this insdustry I am still thinking of how to apply this therory, maybe you could apply it to fert/weed control, shrub/tree applications and seeding services. These are the only services I can see where we (as LCO's) can perform a services that would or can require a guarantee for a service perfomed. There seems to be to many veriables with in our service group. LCO's service is mostly labor based type services.

I have included a PLEDGE on the other hand that is listed on the main page of our website:
Our Promise
We promise to provide fair & competitive pricing to our customers.
We promise reliable service - we'll be there when we promised.
We promise to provide only the finest products and apply them in an environmentally responsible manner.
We promise to answer concerns, complaints, or questions in a timely manner.
We promise that our customer's satisfaction is our #1 priority.

We also stated that "We are finished with your project only when you’re completely satisfied".

This is a great topic, thanks for posting, you really have me thinking now.

I excided to hear what others have to say on this one.

Tim

Steve
12-11-2007, 11:38 PM
Interesting!

Ok I am just brainstorming here but what if, since you also offer hardscape services, if you created an add that said something like free outdoor fire pit with any patio job?

This isn't the same as the ad I placed above but maybe an offer of something free would get the potential customer to bite.

Or free lawn mowing with any hardscape to try out your lawn care services?

What do you think of any of that?

realhuntin
12-12-2007, 12:21 AM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 11 2007,11:38)]Interesting!

Ok I am just brainstorming here but what if, since you also offer hardscape services, if you created an add that said something like free outdoor fire pit with any patio job?

This isn't the same as the ad I placed above but maybe an offer of something free would get the potential customer to bite.

Or free lawn mowing with any hardscape to try out your lawn care services?

What do you think of any of that?
Great Idea fire pit materals aren't that much so it would be worth a lot to offer free pit to get a patio job that has good revenue as a return. plus you can easly build it into you materials cost so it wouldn't really cost anything but a little labor. Great idea Steve thanks