PDA

View Full Version : New Marketing Idea's

realhuntin
12-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Has anyone thought of this: During your so called down time or off season time, take a little drive, check out all those small business's up and down your local area. Note all the business names, address's. Take a few minutes and note all the cutting/trimming areas, hedges, pruning, mulch etc. basicly put together a complete annual estimate for say 10-15 business. Go back to your home/office personalize the quote/estimate, attach a cover letter such as the Letter to a Business requesting to be placed on their bidders list and mail it to them. This should draw attention to you over and above the next guy because you have already placed a bid in front of them for review. Keeping you one step ahead.

What do you think?

Thanks for your input on this.
Tim

Steve
12-08-2007, 10:45 PM
I think this is a great idea. If you want to keep yourself busy all year long there are many things you can do. Thanks to Tim, we can now add this idea to the list!

What kind of response have you had to this?

Do you draw any kind of diagram of the lot when you send these out?

pmblair
12-09-2007, 12:01 AM
Wow! Awesome idea, Tim! I may just do that!

realhuntin
12-09-2007, 03:18 AM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 08 2007,10:45)]I think this is a great idea. If you want to keep yourself busy all year long there are many things you can do. Thanks to Tim, we can now add this idea to the list!

What kind of response have you had to this?

Do you draw any kind of diagram of the lot when you send these out?
I just started this today, so I will not know for a few days if it really works. In my mind I see about 30% return on it. (at the least 3-5 calls from it)

Note I only choose business's that have been in busines for more than 5 years and show stability.

Steve
12-09-2007, 03:33 AM
And with such an idea would you recommend a follow up call in about two weeks after you mail the bid to them?

realhuntin
12-09-2007, 03:46 AM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 09 2007,3:33)]And with such an idea would you recommend a follow up call in about two weeks after you mail the bid to them?
Yes I always follow up call everything, I make notes with a auto email reminder on my yahoo calender.