PDA

View Full Version : Email Marketing

AMW Graphics
12-04-2007, 11:18 PM
I was wondering what peoples take is on email marketing?

Here is what we are going to be doing.

Send out emails to all of our past/current customers as well as people who have never purchased anything but have contact us for quotes over the years, the would be sent out...

1 time per WEEK
2 times per MONTH
1 time per MONTH
Or other (??)

containing special offers, and new products.

What would you do and why?

Thanks for your input.

Steve
12-04-2007, 11:33 PM
I think once a month newsletters is a nice target.

You know you just made me think of something. I should be including this kinda of stuff when I send out mass pm's on the forum about the latest GopherHauls.

I could include specials from you too!

You think that would be a good idea?

AMW Graphics
12-05-2007, 01:00 AM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 04 2007,11:33)]I think once a month newsletters is a nice target.

You know you just made me think of something. I should be including this kinda of stuff when I send out mass pm's on the forum about the latest GopherHauls.

I could include specials from you too!

You think that would be a good idea?
Sure it would!

I think 1 time per month is nice so as not to "bug" people...
We are going to start doing this soon i think, just have to compile all the email addresses together.

LawncareMarketingMagic
12-05-2007, 03:29 PM
It's a great question and here's my take on it. You should contact your customer's as often as possible and as long as you can add value to the relationship.

If that means once a month, then contact them once a month. If it means once week, contact them once a week.

So what constitutes adding value? Sending them an offer with nothing else unfortunately doesn't add much value if sent more frequently than once a month.

However, if you sent something once a week with community news, weather forecasts, local events, information to help them improve the value of their home, etc., then that would definitely be adding value and your customers/prospects would probably look forward to it.

As a personal example, I email my list several times a week. Each one is somewhat of a personal email in which I share ideas, tips, or resources to help be a better marketing of lawn care services. I typically include some type of soft sell for one of my various services, but again, it's usually a soft sell. Every once in a while I'll send a message that's purely sales oriented.

As a result of this, I almost never get any negative comments. In fact, if more than a few days go by, I'll get emails from people asking where my emails are, resending me their email address, or just wondering if my messages are being blocked. It's pretty cool actually.

In a nutshell, contact your list as often as possible IF you have something valuable to say or can add to the relationship.

Steve
12-05-2007, 03:52 PM
Thank you Chestin for that great insight!