PDA

View Full Version : It's official Sarah is running her Toy Drive!

Steve
11-27-2007, 07:15 PM
Congratulations to Sarah for marketing her business by running a toy drive!

This was a bulletin she sent out to all her contacts on myspace.

Keep us posted on how it goes Sarah!

Is anyone else experimenting with a toy drive this year?

Angelik99
11-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Yes figured I'd try it! I'm going to try and make a short flyer for it soon, gotta get some more color ink...lol!

Steve
11-27-2007, 07:28 PM
Are you going to be using any of the free flyers as a template or will you be creating your own from scratch?

Also, have you contacted your local media about this?

I bet they would love to pick up this story.

Angelik99
11-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Nov. 27 2007,7:28)]Are you going to be using any of the free flyers as a template or will you be creating your own from scratch?

Also, have you contacted your local media about this?

I bet they would love to pick up this story.
I'll be making smaller flyers, probably half sheets, length wise. Still need to save money til I build up more of a customer base but I think this might help!

I haven't contacted local media...maybe next year!! lol! I'll think about it for this year, but I'm not sure yet!

Steve
11-28-2007, 03:05 PM
Quote[/b] ]I haven't contacted local media...maybe next year!! lol! I'll think about it for this year, but I'm not sure yet!

Sarah,

I think what you are doing is great and it's a very human story. You are trying to help out. This is what makes for great articles. Don't feel you need to be more established to contact the media.

If you get in an article, it has a huge potential of bringing your business more awareness and you more customers.

http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Angelik99
11-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Nov. 28 2007,3:05)]Quote[/b] ]I haven't contacted local media...maybe next year!! lol! I'll think about it for this year, but I'm not sure yet!

Sarah,

I think what you are doing is great and it's a very human story. You are trying to help out. This is what makes for great articles. Don't feel you need to be more established to contact the media.

If you get in an article, it has a huge potential of bringing your business more awareness and you more customers.

http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif
Well I printed some flyers, got 6 in envelopes ready to send out to some potential customers with a letter also introducing myself and company. I've got a few more that I'm going to go door to door with tomorrow around the lawns we already have.

I think it will work a lot better (be easier for me) going to talk to someone about a toy drive and throwing my company in there rather than just saying hi, I'm selling a service. lol!! Well you know that's what people hear...."they want money blah blah blah" and they just say no thanks.

I think this will really peak some interest...and I'll be thinking over calling the local paper for a start, lol!! I might do it, I'm tempted. Or emailing them rather. Send them a picture before then maybe a follow up with pictures of me dropping them off....hmmm

Might be crazy enough to work for two stories! I'll let ya know!!

http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Steve
11-28-2007, 05:32 PM
Oh this is good stuff! I like it!

Let us know what type of feedback you get!

Great job!

Angelik99
11-29-2007, 02:44 PM
Well so far my dad was the only one to give me feedback face to face. Him being a pretty big critic on advertising ideas actually really likes the idea.

I brought my flyer with me to work today and he started asking all kinds of questions about it. lol! This coming from a guy that will straight up tell you if it's dumb. So that's good news that it made him curious. =)

Steve
11-29-2007, 02:50 PM
I like the idea too! I really think it will help build goodwill between you and your community plus get your name out more!

Did you ask him about sending a press release to the paper?

Keep us posted!