PDA

View Full Version : Door Hanger Idea...

Fernando's CleanCut!
11-19-2007, 11:32 PM
OK. I was wondering on what is the best way to approach a potencial client? simple; I knock on the door and and talk to them, but what if they arent home? Instead of living just your business card with a "Call ME" sign written in the back, why not leave a Door Hanger with colorful letters and a slogan something like "HI!, your next door neighbor has a 'YourCompanyName' service" and the services you offer, and then say funny things like 'Take a Peek''. In this case that house would know who's doing the yard care, and maybe talk with your client and they will gave them a good feeback. Or better yet, saying that we cut around this neighborhood.
What you all think? Any ideas? or tips? I know its kinda weak, because you can only go as far as 3-4 houses around the one you taken care of.

.Fernando/CleanCut!.

Steve
11-20-2007, 07:54 AM
Hi Fernando,

I think it's a good idea. You could have a door hanger designed and then maybe have a place on it where you can say we were servicing your neighbors home at the following address.

Then you can fill in the address.

Maybe you could also fill in a section for an estimate?

Then when you are in an area servicing a property, you can go around and hand out these door hangers.

Fernando's CleanCut!
11-20-2007, 11:00 PM
good point! thanks steve, I'll work on that!

Also, yesterday I signed a one year contract with a Property Managment Co. here in my town with 5 houses! im so excited to start on them already, starting December. So I was thinking on that idea of going to a Real State Agency and offer or add a one year lawn service when buying a house, but I dont know how to approach to them? wat should I say? How the contract would be?, do they pay one year of service up front?... and dont worry, now I have the space for many residential accounts ;) and the equipment would be upgraded if all this go well.
I have no Idea on how this work (but I want to learn, kinda shy guy on the other hand) but If you guys can help me, I Will jump on it!. the other good thing is that LCO's around here dont do much of advertising (that I'm aware of), just banners on their trucks/trailers. So going to the Agency would have a good chance to succeed on this!

.Fernando/CleanCut!. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/newbie.gif

Steve
11-21-2007, 09:33 AM
Quote[/b] ]good point! thanks steve, I'll work on that!
Show us what you come up with! I'd love to see!

Quote[/b] ]Also, yesterday I signed a one year contract with a Property Managment Co. here in my town with 5 houses! im so excited to start on them already, starting December.

Great Job! Congratulations!

Quote[/b] ]So I was thinking on that idea of going to a Real State Agency and offer or add a one year lawn service when buying a house, but I dont know how to approach to them? wat should I say? How the contract would be?, do they pay one year of service up front?... and dont worry, now I have the space for many residential accounts ;) and the equipment would be upgraded if all this go well.
I have no Idea on how this work (but I want to learn, kinda shy guy on the other hand) but If you guys can help me, I Will jump on it!. the other good thing is that LCO's around here dont do much of advertising (that I'm aware of), just banners on their trucks/trailers. So going to the Agency would have a good chance to succeed on this!

Did you see this flyer? WOuld this help?

http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/uploads/post-8-10130-freelawncarefor1yearpreview.jpg

You can download it from this page http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum....2;st=80 (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=942;st=80)

The point of this flyer was that you hand it out to homes that are for sale. The home owner pre-pays you for the yearly service. They use the pre-paid lawn service to help them sell their home.

Let me know your thoughts on all this.