PDA

View Full Version : Jayman's Lawn Care gets involved

Steve
11-11-2007, 04:24 AM
Check this lawn care business owner out

Jayman's Lawn Care

http://www.jaymanslawncare.com/

He gets involved with his community by sponsoring a local cheerleading squad. I think this is the first time I have seen something like this.

What's your view on this?

pmblair
11-13-2007, 04:15 PM
I'll get into stuff like this when get have enough money... like sponsoring a little league baseball team... stuff like that... I think it's great!

Steve
11-13-2007, 05:15 PM
Oh yea! How fantastic would that be! Do you have any idea what the charge is for something like that?

pmblair
11-13-2007, 10:13 PM
Sponsors can give as much or as little as they like. I used to coach a little league team about 10 years or so ago. We had sponsors... we just pretty much went around asking businesses to sponsor the team. I think we had 6 sponsors and still had to do some car wash fund raisers, too...

However, when we have the money, I'd love to fully sponsor a team... no clue what it costs now, but when I coached, IF I remember correctly, it was about $1000...

Steve
11-14-2007, 04:51 AM
I wonder what is needed say for a little league team. They need shirts and hats maybe?

pmblair
11-14-2007, 07:01 AM
They need jerseys, pants, leggings (the things that go over the socks and looks like a verticle stripe on the sock), hats, balls for practice, sometimes you need a catcher's mitt, money for the end of season banquet (including food, drinks, and trophies)... sometimes a coach will want to take the kids to a batting cage for some practice, so there's another cost... the local recreation department usually provides batting helmets & catchers equipment, and the kids usually have a few bats, but sometimes the coach has to go and buy all this stuff, too...

There's more to it that someone may think... coaching a team is not as easy as it sounds... but it's very rewarding!

Steve
11-14-2007, 09:31 AM
Oh wow! Those are great ideas! A lot could be done with this.

Steve
11-14-2007, 11:02 AM
You could have on the front page of your website. A picture of your sponsored baseball team on a lawn with your truck and equipment around the team.