PDA

View Full Version : Grass covered truck to get attention

Steve
11-07-2007, 10:17 AM
Want to get attention? Why not cover your truck in fake grass!

It got my attention!

Check out their website too

http://www.easigrass.co.uk

This is my new favorite lawn care business vehicle http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Steve
11-07-2007, 10:21 AM
Here is another of their lawn care business promotion vehicles.

LawncareMarketingMagic
11-07-2007, 02:55 PM
It really is a great 'gimmick' to get people's attention, but I'd be really interested to know what they're doing to translate that attention into customers. Or at the very least, prospects.

It's great to get attention like this, but to be really effective you want that attention to translate into either customers or prospects on a list you can move through your sales funnel.

Steve
11-07-2007, 03:05 PM
If they were a client of yours, could you explain to us what you would suggest they do to translate that?

I don't think I fully understand you here.

LawncareMarketingMagic
11-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Basically, it's a great gimmick because it gets people to stop and notice. But what I want to know is, are they noticing and then contacting EasiGrass? Or are they simply saying, "heh honey, look at the cool grass covered car", then forgetting about it.

Yes, I'm sure they're getting some people that call because they remembered seeing the car, but to be a super effective 'gimmick' they should include something that motivates people to contact them immediately. Namely an offer and a call to action.

In other words, now that they have our attention, make us an offer such as '25% off first cut for mentioning our grass covered car'. Instead of the spray painted 'EASIGRASS' on the back, include a sign that makes an offer and has a call to action. And make it an amazing offer you wouldn't normally make. Something they'd want to call about even if they already had a service provider.

At the very least, you should try to get them to visit your website to sign up for your 'e-newsletter'.

Again, the 2 things that are missing to make it super-effective are an offer and a call to action.

Steve
11-08-2007, 02:29 AM
Very good points!

And for those of you reading this. This is why you really should sign up for Chestin's Marketing Championís Circle offer. How can you beat getting this insightful information for your business?